Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

my mother wants a jeep!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my mother wants a jeep!!!!!!

So I took my freedom panels off and took a drive yesterday and stopped by my moms house to say hi. She hopped in the jeep and loved it. Says she wants one. She's 64 yrs old. I think its great!!!!!!!! Maybe ill show her the rubicons??????
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

SWEET!
Once she has the bug, she will help you with your mods too.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JMcD
So I took my freedom panels off and took a drive yesterday and stopped by my moms house to say hi. She hopped in the jeep and loved it. Says she wants one. She's 64 yrs old. I think its great!!!!!!!! Maybe ill show her the rubicons??????
Yea, cause if you dont have one, you can trade off with her and give her yours...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ha ha. I think its the other way around. I'll have to mod hers when I do something to mine and she likes it.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mom wanted one too, i told her it wasn't the right type of vehicle for her. Wranglers arent for everyone
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

As long as they hit the tails with em let em do it!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noxian
My mom wanted one too, i told her it wasn't the right type of vehicle for her. Wranglers arent for everyone
Maybe I should let her have mine for a week or two to try out.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JMcD
Maybe I should let her have mine for a week or two to try out.

Dont really know what you are getting at.

Wranglers are awesome, but they arent for everyone, you have to really want one,

Wranglers have alot of issues that most cars do not, such as death wobble, leaks, manual tops, noises, creeks, harsh rides etc. Most people that own Wranglers and actually use them for their intended purpose look past these issue since it is the BEST offroad vehicle in the market today.

Even people on this forum often complain about issues with the JK that many people like myself who owned previous Jeeps just say "its a jeep thing"

The average consumer likes the look and features of the Wrangler but few could actually live with it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

Oh please, Wranglers are for anyone who can afford it. There is no guild of Wrangler owners or anything like it, I own a 400 hp sport car but I don't race it, my wife drives an SUV but we don't have kids, what about sport bike riders, do they have to carve every corner or race everyday to work?

The JK, especially the ones with the new interior and more so with the new Pentastar are perfectly suited as a daily driver.

The fact that you own a vehicle doesn't mean you have to do everything it was intended or designed for...

To the OP, your mother will love a Wrangler, and congrats to you for being a son that thinks that she can still do anything!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha i just thought of my mom sliding out from under her jeep covered in grease asking me to hand her a 10mm socket. Never gonna happen, but still, funny to picture

Quick Reply: my mother wants a jeep!!!!!!