Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Letter to Jeep customer service and the local dealership (LONG!)

Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with many on the board - go with the lawyer. Also you can copy the letter to the State Attorney General. I had an issue a few years back with a car I bought my son - the tranny went out on the way home and they said - tough luck. Took me 2 years to get my money back but I did get it along with a formal apology.

I also agree with the folks who have said "document everything that was said" including dates, times, phone numbers, names, etc. Incorporate this information into the legal doc and file the claim with the attorney general.

I would also make sure that you send a formal letter to the head of Marketing and the CEO at Daimler - the gist of the letter might include the potential negative impact of your experience and the future loss of earnings they will undoubtedly experience through all the sharing on this and other forums.

Good luck and please keep us posted. Go get 'em.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

I'm with Okie4WD on this one. Report it to your legal office. You may not be the only military guy this place is screwing over. I don't know what it would take to get the dealership put on the off-limits list,(yea I know this list is usually made up of businesses busted for drugs and spa's that offer "the works") but if there is a history of mistreatment of military members, it would definitely warrant a visit by the post leadership. And that would put the owners on notice that they can't continue to take advantage of the soldiers without suffering repercussions.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Since you seem to have exhausted the standard methods of resolution, try to contact the owner of the dealership and see where that gets you. However, since you have well-documented information on your case, I would go see an attorney. You may have to pay a few bucks for the initial consult and have him send what is called a 'demand letter' (essentially what you outlined in your letter). This is usually precurser to any legal action. 1400 dollars is lot to you any I but might not be a lot to the dealership who will easily surpass that amount just beginning to defend a suit, like this even in small claims.

You may even want to try a community legal aid society if hiring an atty is too expensive. A lot of good atty's to pro bono work at these law clinics too.

Good luck
Old 07-28-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Had the same problem with Gary Mathews Jeep (GMJ).

My 05 Grand would not start towed to GMJ. GMJ claimed it was under water and hydrolocked. Told them it had not been under water and they would not listen. They suggested I contact my insurance company. USAA sent a representive who recommended letting them check for hydrolock because if it was not hydrolocked GMJ would be responsible for repair (He indicated he did not think it was hydrolocked). GMJ then stated it was not hydrolocked but the starter was bad. The starter would not be covered by the warranety due to it being under water and rusted. Took the old starter to Autozone and a starter repair facility and both indicated the starter was OK. Complained to Chrysler/Jeep customer service they indicated they were standing by the dealer. That the starter failed due to water damage not to manufacturer defect.

I will be filing a complaint with BBB and Tennessee Consumer Board. I will also be taking them to small claims court.

Moved from Maryland where they have very strong consumer protection to Tennessee where it appears there is not very strong protection. Never had a problem with the Jeep dealers in Maryland.

How is Sisk in Hopkinsville? I need to get the 60,000 mile service and refuse to ever have anything more to do with GMJ.

My opinion is:

1. The Repair Tech does not know what he is doing.
2. They are using the under water to get paid more money that would be reimbursed by Chrysler/Jeep.
3. I will never do business witjh GMJ again.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Okie4WD
You also need to bring this to the attention of command (the threat). JAG could possibly help with a phone call or two.

Thing is, they sell to Soldiers....cut off Soldiers (off limits activity) and they close their doors.
Hope this has been resolved by now

But X2 on this it helps so much
My older brother was in Afganistan for about a year and when he got back he was trying to make a large purchase through Best Buy and they absolutly would not sell to him even though he had the money in his bank due to Inactivity in Account. My dad was there with him and simply told them that the taliban don't take personal checks. They immediatly reported Best buy to that organization and the wheels started rolling. you can imagine what it would be like if best buy lost all of its military business. by the time dad and my brother got back to my dads house his home phone was ringing. (they had not left a phone number at best buy) it was best buy calling and they said they were happy to sell him the item and at a much discounted price for the "mistake"
Old 07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

We wouldnt know if it has been resolved or not. The OP has been banned.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
We wouldnt know if it has been resolved or not. The OP has been banned.
Ouch...just caught that-- we know what happened? How'd he goof~ so none of us makes the same mistake????????
Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Obviously the poster cant access this anymore, but a good route to take in something like this is the media. I think most major cities have "investigative reporters" who take on charity cases where consumers have been victimized. They investigate and interview... all on camera for the entire community to see. Image means everything to any company selling things. The owner of that dealership would MUCH rather work a deal than to be on the 6:00 news leaking the details of this. Its pretty powerful. Use it!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

hmm i wonder why he got banned... it says his last activity is today at like 8:36... but his last post was over a month ago.. i imagine the posts that got him banned were deleted because i read over some of his last posts and didn't see anything to bad.

I can't imagine life without this forum LoL

Quick Reply: My Letter to Jeep customer service and the local dealership (LONG!)