Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?

Old 09-19-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Sorry dude.....you get no points from me, texting while driving is wrong, it's dangerous and it killed one of my best friends kids.....If you wanna drive, then drive....if you wanna text, then text....but don't do both together.

This is just my opinion and it's based on personal experience....your feelings may vary...
x2

not funny
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default To REVIVE THIS THREAD!!!

...recently, I picked up a teenager due to texting and driving...she's dead...then, an elderly guy who got t-boned by a college kid, who's hip was shattered and a few weeks ago, at a stop light by my house, an eighteen year old...WHO JUST GOT HIS LICENSE three months prior, was in his SECOND wreck...YES, in three months...this time, not mommy and daddy's car but grandma's and totalled it...whacked a utility pole doing about 40 right in front of me...got to see a free fireworks show when the lines came down...then, the dumb kid got out walkin' around...STILL TEXTING...as if he just didn't crack that pole...and by all rights should've been zapped and killed but thank frickin' god he wasn't but people, YOU NEED TO THINK! YOU DON'T LIVE IN A BUBBLE...LIFE ISN'T ALL a BIG FANTASY and STORIES...THIS IS REALITY...and I'm only one person...THIS SHIT HAPPENS EVERY DAY and I'm not the only firefighter/paramedic on here...there's other medics, cops, ER docs, etc. If you need to text that bad, then pull over and type away, but...PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD when YER ON IT!!! REALIZE if you KILL SOMEONE, YOU'RE GOIN' down for either voluntary or involuntary manslaughter...and the prison you go to is REAL...and YOU WILL HAVE NOT ONLY A RECORD but the realization that you just mamed or murdered someone...if you can live with that, YOU ARE A BIGGER PERSON THAN I!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let's switch topic slightly. People want to ban guns because according to them guns kill people. So let's ban cell phones/ smart phones because there use while driving kills people. While we are at it let's ban books too. I've seen people wreck due to reading a book while driving. Wtf come on people. So let's ban cars too they kill people every year too.
The point is its not the gun the phone. The book or car that kills people. It is the people using them. We as human have a hard time exhibiting self control.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still amazed that the op would get be excited about getting on the news especially for doing something so stunned. should be banned from owning a cell phone and take away his driving privliges. what an ass hole.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default NO...I'm NOT saying that at all!!!

...if that's what you believe! I'm not a person to get a petition going or none of that shit...what I am saying is we need to use some common sense and there's not enough people showing commom sense...NOT!!! I don't care who you are...I'll argue that in front of a jury, face to face with WHOEVER...there are too many poor choices being made. To add to what I just brought up, you should see the faces of these kids...and adults too who just found out they killed someone...you, the public DO NOT get to witness this shit...we, the FIREFIGHTER'S, PARAMEDICS, EMT'S, COPS, PROSECUTORS, DOCTORS, and NURSES get to witness this crap firsthand. WE SEE THE GUT WRENCHING SHIT FAMILY'S GO THROUGH BECAUSE OF SOMETHING TOTALLY PREVENTABLE. I agree that EVERYONE should be able to 'CARRY' ...anywhere and at anytime. You need to protect yourself from the assholes that will 'jack' yer car, hold you up, do a home invasion on you, rape a woman, kidnap someone...those people need to die...no prison time, DIE DEAD RIGHT THERE!!! I have morals...im not at all a dick...i wish that I could video some of this shit we do and see so that all of you could see what WE do as public servants...watching COPS gives a good insight, but, that crap is edited too heavily! ...so, I don't think we need to "ban" cell phones/smart phones...I think we as a free people need to exercise COMMON SENSE, that's it...no more, no less!!! ...and then you mention banning books...I can relate there too...a local run on the interstate proved fatal for someone recently too...the chick who was using her cigarette lighter hair-dryer, smoking, reading the paper and jamming to her tunes doing what the accident investigator said was 80 or so...ran into the back of a parked semi...she was squooshed...I wasn't there but the Troopers had pictures...that too was SENSELESS...a child lost her mom that day...a husband lost his wife, friends and family lost who was probably a very normal person...THAT SUCKS...and, IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!! Why should we ban cars??? It's not the car that kills someone, it's the person driving the damn car!!! PEOPLE NEED TO THINK!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kRaZyKoWaL
...if that's what you believe! I'm not a person to get a petition going or none of that shit...what I am saying is we need to use some common sense and there's not enough people showing commom sense...NOT!!! I don't care who you are...I'll argue that in front of a jury, face to face with WHOEVER...there are too many poor choices being made. To add to what I just brought up, you should see the faces of these kids...and adults too who just found out they killed someone...you, the public DO NOT get to witness this shit...we, the FIREFIGHTER'S, PARAMEDICS, EMT'S, COPS, PROSECUTORS, DOCTORS, and NURSES get to witness this crap firsthand. WE SEE THE GUT WRENCHING SHIT FAMILY'S GO THROUGH BECAUSE OF SOMETHING TOTALLY PREVENTABLE. I agree that EVERYONE should be able to 'CARRY' ...anywhere and at anytime. You need to protect yourself from the assholes that will 'jack' yer car, hold you up, do a home invasion on you, rape a woman, kidnap someone...those people need to die...no prison time, DIE DEAD RIGHT THERE!!! I have morals...im not at all a dick...i wish that I could video some of this shit we do and see so that all of you could see what WE do as public servants...watching COPS gives a good insight, but, that crap is edited too heavily! ...so, I don't think we need to "ban" cell phones/smart phones...I think we as a free people need to exercise COMMON SENSE, that's it...no more, no less!!! ...and then you mention banning books...I can relate there too...a local run on the interstate proved fatal for someone recently too...the chick who was using her cigarette lighter hair-dryer, smoking, reading the paper and jamming to her tunes doing what the accident investigator said was 80 or so...ran into the back of a parked semi...she was squooshed...I wasn't there but the Troopers had pictures...that too was SENSELESS...a child lost her mom that day...a husband lost his wife, friends and family lost who was probably a very normal person...THAT SUCKS...and, IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!! Why should we ban cars??? It's not the car that kills someone, it's the person driving the damn car!!! PEOPLE NEED TO THINK!!!
Maybe you should go back and read my post again. You just repeated what I said. Its not the car book phone or gun that kills its the human weilding it. Im not for banning any of it im an advocate fir self control. People are idiots
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default no sir...it WAS NOT WHAT U said...

...someone else put something on there right after u then ridded of the post somehow! ...some stuff was very similar to what you said but completely out of line ... now I don't have the post to reference it to or show you...no offense to you at all but obviously, you didn't see the other blurb!!!

...whoever that was just added to what you said in a most senseless manner. We gotta call so I had to leave really quickly and when I got back just now the whole post was gone...vanished!

Last edited by kRaZyKoWaL; 01-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

:l ame:
Old 01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Glad ur jeep made it on tv cool..
Old 01-02-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07armygreen
was that you?

if i were you id delete this so people cant actually meet the dumb ass who was speaking in that video.

seriously, start out in small parking lots and low traffic roads and move up from there? wow thats absolutly brilliant, i wish i could be just like you, or who it was in that video....

I fly a multi-million dollar aircraft talk on 5 radios and we can text in the aircraft while piloting, and i still dont try to do that shit while driving its just dumb.

Quick Reply: My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?