Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would never text and drive... because then i would have to put down the newspaper, coffee, cigarette, and pause the dvd player.

texting would be dangerous
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Junkie

i really love how so many of you say "texting is bad and dangerous" but have MOST LIKELY done it yourselves (except the oldies that dont use text).
I use to text on my razor with the predictive feature I never had to look at the phone... but with my iphone or other touch screen phone, i agree it is dangerous.

Last edited by 07JKX; 07-30-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

You just need to learn the Jason Bourne way of texting....
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

eh great they just manipulated your view to encourage thousands of teenies to continue to txt and drive.

Maybe you can hold txting and driving seminars
Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how you are even texting in a Jeep. My Jeep definately requires my attention to control when driving unlike a car.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Safety issues aside, I don't understand why texting is so popular. Isn't it much more efficient to talk to the other person?
My question correctly indicates I do not text. It's always easier to talk. And another thing I don't understand is the need to be in constant touch with someone who is not one of the people around you at the time.
I'm not bashing anyone here. I'm just asking.
yea same her and im 16 i hat texting the only time i do it is when some one might be doin something where they caant talk but can type
Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I don't know how you are even texting in a Jeep. My Jeep definately requires my attention to control when driving unlike a car.
Cars need undivided attention, too.
How about a train? The need to steer is eliminated, but full attention to the task is required. 25 people died when the engineer was texting.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pingtime
I say they should just place sensors in our vehicles and when ever we take our hands of the steering wheel or or eyes off the road that we should get life in prison.
I would like to see you try to drive a stick shift without jail time.... And If you never take your eyes off the road you are a f'n moron.... How many children have you seen run into the street FROM the street. You gotta look at the sidewalks, building, OTHER CARS, you know....

Anyone who can't drive with one hand on the wheel needs to learn how to drive, I am sick of people sayin' "you need BOTH hands on the wheel at all times"... What about stick shift?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Captain
... Anyone who can't drive with one hand on the wheel needs to learn how to drive, I am sick of people sayin' "you need BOTH hands on the wheel at all times"... What about stick shift?
Having both hands on the wheel makes for a safer drive. Of course there are times that a hand will be removed. But, the more that you have both hands on the wheel, the safer the drive will be in the event an unexpected maneuver is attempted. And, yes, I've owned and been driving pretty much only sticks for all my nearly 60 years of life (Full disclosure: My 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am is an auto because the sticks were impossible to find. But I only have 48K miles on it. That is the only auto I've ever owned.).
Old 07-31-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't think having one hand on the wheel is a problem, the problem related to this post is taking your eyes off the road. As mentioned, manual transmissions often require much time with only one hand on the wheel, and let's not forget about having one arm on the door sill, so you're ready at all times to throw up a Jeep wave. lol

Quick Reply: My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?