Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
07armygreen -- umm... you weren't just trying to call me out were you
Nah, I quoted your post b/c you seemed to get it. No disrespect to you.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Put the link up again, I need a good chuckle. lol I was ready to jump on the bandwagon and bash, but you explained yourself,
OK....here it is...back by demand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjzpjTY6kE
Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey at least there's a JK on the news. I've been guilty of TWD. Then I nearly got myself killed. I promptly quit.

07armygreen - If you wreck your Jeep or die because of TWD can I have your Jeep parts?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Safety issues aside, I don't understand why texting is so popular. Isn't it much more efficient to talk to the other person?
My question correctly indicates I do not text. It's always easier to talk. And another thing I don't understand is the need to be in constant touch with someone who is not one of the people around you at the time.
I'm not bashing anyone here. I'm just asking.
I agree 100%, I tried texting while driving once and I noticed right away how dangerous it was. Not to long ago I had a young driver run me into another lane because they were texting while driving. Sad part is after they noticed they ran me into the other lane I looked at him and shook my head and then he just flipped me the bird! What the heck did I do! Heck I didn't even blow the horn at him! So I just slowed down a bunch and waited to see if his accident was coming up ahead.

I honestly believe that texting services should be canceled all together. It's more efficient to talk to someone. Another point is most of the time anyone is texting its because they shouldn't be doing so in the environment they are in at that time anyway. (ex. In Class, while Driving, at Work, ect.....)

Also cell phone usage should only be permitted during driving if a hands free set up is being used period!

So many accidents could be avoided if drivers would just pay attention and enjoy the experience of driving.

A little side note......My wife got her first chance to drive a Jeep on a trail solo in a group the other day and when we stopped for lunch she said "Wow, I just realized how much of the scenery along the trail you don't get to see as a driver because your watching where your going so much." I am so proud she notices things like that! Looks like we need to start thinking of adding another JK to the family..
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
Hey at least there's a JK on the news. I've been guilty of TWD. Then I nearly got myself killed. I promptly quit.

07armygreen - If you wreck your Jeep or die because of TWD can I have your Jeep parts?
OK, if I die you can have my snorkel....although I doubt it with withstand a major wreck. Also, I majorly disagree with anyone saying texting is less efficient You must be older, try making plans with a chatty girl, or giving info to said girl...or even your mother for that matter. Texting is SO MUCH faster/easier....some hate texting....I hate being on the phone all the damn time. I text probably 5-10 times per day and it saves me 3-4 conversations. Now, the conversations that I really WANT TO HAVE...I do.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 07armygreen
OK, if I die you can have my snorkel....although I doubt it with withstand a major wreck. Also, I majorly disagree with anyone saying texting is less efficient You must be older, try making plans with a chatty girl, or giving info to said girl...or even your mother for that matter. Texting is SO MUCH faster/easier....some hate texting....I hate being on the phone all the damn time. I text probably 5-10 times per day and it saves me 3-4 conversations. Now, the conversations that I really WANT TO HAVE...I do.
I knew that was coming. Just as I can tell when someone is late teens, early twenties, by their behavior, words, or fart can on their Honda.
Like I said, not bashing, just saying...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

I was driving the other day and noticed the car in the right lane from me was driving a little weavy, but staying in her lane. So I back off a bit and we all roll up to a red light, I get in the left turning lane. I look over, she's looking down texting. She actually ROLLED UP AND STOPPED at the light without ever looking up.

Then the light turned green and she drove off, STILL TEXTING!

I still have no idea how she knew what was going on, but my guess is peripheral vision watching the behavior of the cars next to her and just mimicing them.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Sweet lol. Does this count as legally binding? Is someone an attorney and can help me on this? I really like the AEV snorkel.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK....here it is...back by demand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjzpjTY6kE
I put it back in the first post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
Sweet lol. Does this count as legally binding? Is someone an attorney and can help me on this? I really like the AEV snorkel.
I am a man of my word
If you want the AEV just get it...it's an easy Saturday DIY. You can cut threw your hood...get over it...do it.

Quick Reply: My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?