Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow... zombie thread for the past... yikes.

they just passed a text while driving ban in GA. All it really does is allow the police to stop you under the feigned reason of "texting" kinda like the "seatbelt" laws.

All the cops have to say is "I saw you texting" or "You were not wearing your seat belt" and they have the reason to legally stop you with you having no way to prove or disprove what they "saw"...

In my experience... since the no text laws passed... it has gotten more dangerous. Now people (not just kids), instead of holding their cell up by the wheel so they can at least kinda see whats in front of them while texting... are now staring down in their laps so no cops see them texting with no chance in hell of seeing whats going on around them.

Laws like these only make the people violating them try harder not to get caught.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07armygreen
You are a moron
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
wow... zombie thread for the past... yikes.

they just passed a text while driving ban in GA. All it really does is allow the police to stop you under the feigned reason of "texting" kinda like the "seatbelt" laws.

All the cops have to say is "I saw you texting" or "You were not wearing your seat belt" and they have the reason to legally stop you with you having no way to prove or disprove what they "saw"...

In my experience... since the no text laws passed... it has gotten more dangerous. Now people (not just kids), instead of holding their cell up by the wheel so they can at least kinda see whats in front of them while texting... are now staring down in their laps so no cops see them texting with no chance in hell of seeing whats going on around them.

Laws like these only make the people violating them try harder not to get caught.
Dude your killing me with its the LAWS' fault. Isn't GA right next to FL
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I think texting and driving should be illegal for anyone under the age of 30. Most people have all that play out of them by 30. Its these young whipper snappers thats causing all the problems with their new fangled gadgets.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG WTF IDK TTYL

Quick Reply: My JK was on NBCnews last night....was yours?