Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My JK experience...(so far)

Old 08-14-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My JK experience...(so far)

Instead of making a thread about how gutless the 3.8 is, leaky tops, rust issues, or poor fuel economy, I thought I would post something positive about the JK.

I've had my JKU Sport for about 6 weeks now, and I have loved every minute of it. Never have I payed this much attention to the forecast to decide if I'm taking the doors off or not. Never have I looked forward to any sort of drive this much, whether it be the 3 mile trip to work or an 8 hour road trip. I wheeled my bone stock Jeep for the first time yesterday, and I was amazed with how much it can do. I get excited when I see another Wrangler on the road so I can give/recieve a Jeep wave, and get dissapointed when I don't get one returned. My interior got soaked recently from having my windows out during a torrential downpour, it actually made me smile because I knew I could just pull my drain plugs and rip the carpet out to let it dry.

I know they have more than there fair share of problems, and I know I'm gonna be dissapointed whenever I break something wheeling, but stuff happens. Just think about all the things you can do in your JK that other rigs can't even imagine.

So the next time your pissed because you just spent $60 at the pump, got passed by a minivan going up a grade, or have to repair some good ole trail damage; just remember you have a JEEP!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crg41890
Instead of making a thread about how gutless the 3.8 is, leaky tops, rust issues, or poor fuel economy, I thought I would post something positive about the JK.

I've had my JKU Sport for about 6 weeks now, and I have loved every minute of it. Never have I payed this much attention to the forecast to decide if I'm taking the doors off or not. Never have I looked forward to any sort of drive this much, whether it be the 3 mile trip to work or an 8 hour road trip. I wheeled my bone stock Jeep for the first time yesterday, and I was amazed with how much it can do. I get excited when I see another Wrangler on the road so I can give/recieve a Jeep wave, and get dissapointed when I don't get one returned. My interior got soaked recently from having my windows out during a torrential downpour, it actually made me smile because I knew I could just pull my drain plugs and rip the carpet out to let it dry.

I know they have more than there fair share of problems, and I know I'm gonna be dissapointed whenever I break something wheeling, but stuff happens. Just think about all the things you can do in your JK that other rigs can't even imagine.

So the next time your pissed because you just spent $60 at the pump, got passed by a minivan going up a grade, or have to repair some good ole trail damage; just remember you have a JEEP!
now if you you could fix how GUTLESS THE 3.8 is, leaky tops, rust issues, AND poor fuel economy, YOU WOULD BE ON TO SOMETHING..

JK (Just kidding)
I feel the same way
Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice post and exactly how I feel...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

amen, had my 2007 2 door x for about 6 weeks now and loving every minute of it...even tho i've found some serious shortcomings........... it's still a jeep!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

The look of envy I get from the minivan dads are priceless.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I never said the 3.8 wasn't gutless, but hey its under the hood of a Jeep, I'll deal with it
Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

The 3.8 travels a the right speed in every situation to give everyone else a front row great view of what they always wanted but never got.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Amen I couldn't agree more with the OP. It was funny how excited I was to come to work today since the weather finally broke and I've got the top down. Only three days till rain so the doors are still hanging :(
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here now wait till you lift it youll love it more
Old 08-15-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Always nice to see/hear the resposne of a new Jeeper once they are behind the wheel...makes me relive my first time(s) too.

Amen agree 100% on all the above! Will not drive anything else, ever.

Quick Reply: My JK experience...(so far)