Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My jeep wave is broken

Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My jeep wave is broken

Go figure, its been 3 days now since anyone has responded to my jeep wave. What gives? I usually get a few, but nothing the last few days. Has my charm worn off?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

I think in the winter people dont pay as much attention as they do in the summer... I have the same problem here.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same with me. I'm thinking it's winter. Once I drive around with the tops off, windows down, I'm hoping that will change.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont know, I think its a Jk thing. NO one around here waves at me. In my TJ everyone waved
Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been low on the percentile of waves lately also. I am one "less" wave away from ordering these babies, just incase the non-wavers are not noticing me.......

http://www.funhousetheatricalcostume...for-53019.html
Old 02-21-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm guessing you're right that it's partly winter and also this damn economy has got everyone down. I usually get a good response (after all, who wouldn't want to wave to ME???).

As far as it being a JK thing, it is true that the JK has created MANY new jeepers, and so it is up to us to teach them by always waving.

I always wave.

It's just been broken the last few days.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL! THOSE HANDS ARE AWSOME.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the other forum members that the winter weather brings down the percentages however I am finding that less then 50% of other JK'ers in my area acknowledge "the wave". I get a higher percentage from non-JK Jeeps, but I keep trying. Perhaps if we keep increasing our Jeep points with the mods we will increase our successful Jeep wave percentages.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to drive a Subaru WRX before I got the jeep the Middle of January and it seems like I'd get at least one wave a week from other Subi owners and thought I'd be getting more with my Jeep. I have waved at every jeep I've seen and for the first month I've had my Jeep I never got a wave back until 2 Saturdays ago when the temperature warmed up (55 degrees) and the sun came out I decided to take off the top for the first time and go for a little drive. I think I ended up getting about 4 waves that one day alone. I even had another 4 door JK Rubi owner give me the thumbs up. I'm sure people were waving that day since It was a nice warm Saturday afternoon therefore people were in a good mood plus my top was off making my jeep more noticible. Like others have said I think the warm weather does have alot to do with it. I was starting to lose hope in the jeep wave.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got two in a row from TJ's the other day. I had to make a quick pit stop at a gas station to clean the poop from my pants.

Quick Reply: My jeep wave is broken