Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Jeep Vs. Cop Car

Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny I thought blue lights meant run the red and turn them off. Can't wait like the rest. Above the law, rules don't apply.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Three years ago, I was driving my Commander, coming up to a red light. I was in the left most lane (three lanes each direction) and as i had slowed for the redlight, it changed to green and I had no cars in front of me. In the center lane, three cars back from the light was a police car. About the time my bumper is at his rear quarter panel, he flips his lights on and tries to execute a u-turn. Instead my Commander went up onto his door, then slammed down and we both went door to door for about 100 yards. It cost $9600 to repair my Commander...

Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I came pretty close to being hit by a cop car this past winter... There is an intersection close to where I live that is right at the beginning of a playground zone and it has a really nasty blind corner... It was also slippery road conditions when this occured, anyways... I approached the intersection cautiously and looked both ways twice before proceeding through (no traffic in sight whatsoever), when right out of nowhere these police cars come flying through doing like 80-100km/hr!! Luckily I was able to get enough traction to get out of the way in time. I had my windshield defroster/heater set on high at the time, so it muffled any sound of sirens approaching. I just can't believe they would come flying so fast around a blind corner in a playground zone where at any time there could be little kids crossing the crosswalk that is right there. Seriously, I thought the police were there to protect the public...not run them over. Catching criminals shouldn't have to come at the expense of endangering innocent people.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 08-16-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well.... when your wife calls the police because some drugged loser is trying to break into the house while your at work, we will take our time. You explain to a rape victim that you took your sweet ass time getting there.

I'm sure you really approach every intersection with caution, looking both ways twice... Ya..

Before you throw someone under the bus, spend a day in their shoes so you know what your talking about.

No ones perfect, especially the police....just remember you make mistakes to. The only difference is your not under a microscope. If you think this job is easy, I encourage you to give it a shot.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

So when something like this happens do you have to call more police or can the one that hit you just file the report themselves.

I guess not calling the police and just getting insurance information is out of the question?

Sorry just couldn t pass up a golden opportunity to crack a few jokes. I got smashed into in my baby too, so I know how it feels. It sucks.....By the time it was over the body shop guy couldn t wait to see me go. His fault in my opinion he kept missing little details. Bottom line...Accidents Suck

Just minding my own business sitting at a red light! Then Boom! M*$#^& F%$#&*%
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1564.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	197163

Old 08-16-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tear comes to my eye every time I see a innocent Jeep injured
Old 08-16-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Something similar to this happend to me however I was in a tractor w/ a 1000 bushel grain cart hooked on, I was turning left on to a gravel road and this deputy was going 100+ tried to pass me, I clipped his back end, he rolled something like 10 times up a hill. After realizing he wasnt dead thank god, I lost it on him. Then my dad who was following me a ways back freaked out on the dude. He pulled the whole I was in a hurry to get to a call blah blah blah, turns out he was heading to his house in the country. He now works construction. For some reason law enforcement around here is 95% dbags.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He should have given himself a ticket.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Glad everyone is OK, to bad you didn't have time to line it up for a BIG FOOT poser shot with the jeep on the hood of the crown vic.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be upset if it was my Jeep for sure. It looks like it will be made right. Sad to see your Jeep get tore up. Very glad no one was hurt.

People make mistakes. Just because they are police, does not mean they will do everything perfect every time. They are human, most are even good humans, despite what some might think.

As previously stated, the cop involved in this accident will not enjoy going back to the station and starting the paperwork.

Make sure they check your frame real good.

Quick Reply: My Jeep Vs. Cop Car