Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Jeep Vs. Cop Car

Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh yes..... Metro Glad you are ok and the rubi looks great compared to the crown vic!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi

that is CrazzzzzzzY ...glad everyone is ok but damn that sucks
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Ouch!!! What did the officer say about it?
My cruiser weighs 16,000 kilograms!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

No tickets were issued. After checking with the cop to make sure he was ok the only thing he could say was that he had his lights on. At that point I walked away from him. He was pretty badly shaken up. The police report was wrote and full fault was given to him and Insurance is going to pay. I was lucky I had two of my friends following behind me and they saw the whole thing and gave statements too.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigT
Man I give respect for our police but our local doctor was riding his harly and the hot shot newbi cop saw a teenager spin his tires so he ran a red light to chase, and after all was said and done the crown vics tires were almost 3 feet off the ground on top of the harly and somehow the lucky sob just limped to the curb and was only shaken. What I gotta ask is was that traffic infraction worth killing or even injuring someone? WTF Glad your ok maybe you can just upgrade the parts that were damaged.
Currently shopping for some parts. Flat Fenders, New wheels, 35's, Bumper
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

If I understand the law correctly, They are "public servants". Basiaclly they are at fault for not getting out of your way. 100 percent of the time!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't forget an an axle and lower control arms too. I was a body shop estimator/manager for 25 years. I fI can help you out let me know. I assume the police dept is self insured as most are. Get several estimates from reputable body shops in your area. Have these availible as they will usually tell you to get tree estimates and want to pay of the cheapest. So got to the best shops for estimates to make sure you have enough to fix it properly. You can email me the estimate if you want so I can make sure they don't miss anything. you have pretty good photos to look at.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That will buff out....
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I drive a bus/jeep tow combination with CGWR of 40,000 pounds (Class 8 tow vehicle). Washington State law says that any freeway lane change in front of a Class 8 hasta leave a bunch of space - maybe 250 feet. So this state trooper trying to make a bust blows by me on the left and cuts in front so close I figured his Vic would hit me, THEN HE JAMMED ON HIS BRAKES!! So, counting me there are 14 tires smoking and 3 vehicles getting sideways. Using 3 braking systems I got it pulled down without drilling the cop a new asshole. Got the plate number but knew I would just get the "all in the line of duty" speech.

This guy put lives at stake on the freeway over a stop that could have been made differently several ways. It was just plain bad driving on the part of someone who is supposed to set a good example.

I got a dozen more stories like this. Hafta respect those guys for putting their lives on the line on the job, but it doesn't mean ya hafta respect some of the crap that happens along the way.

Sorry to see that Jeep tore up. Glad no one was hurt.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive a Vic..... It happens. Putting the lights on usually confuses people. I'm not saying the officer didn't make a mistake... Were all human.

I'm just saying that blue lights mean pull over AND STOP... People forget that part.

I'm glad your both ok. I know that officer is in deep shit, he will now have paper work in his file that will follow him for 20 years and prob. A few days off (not paid)

It's an accident and you both walked away. Good luck with your jeep and the rebuild.

Quick Reply: My Jeep Vs. Cop Car