Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Freedom Top - Doesn't Leak

Old 04-29-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Freedom Top - Doesn't Leak

I went through the car wash yesterday and I was just waiting for the top to leak - never did. I think I'm safe.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Neither does mine. Had it off several times.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Mine doesn't leak right now...

Mine doesn't leak right now... of course, it is on a hoist in my garage!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I only got a drip once in the carwash. One of the touchfree ones. Other than that, no problems at all. Just trying to figure out what to use for a rain deflector this summer. (which can't get here soon enough!)
Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here, never saw a single drop on the inside during rain, snow, nasty winters, or the one time I went through a car wash. Now the soft top.....not so much, but acceptable for me. Its a Jeep...minor leaks are expected!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

No leaks here. I went through a winter of watching feet of snow melt off my Jeep roof and no leakage. Been through car washes, rain storms, and blizzards with not a drop through the top.
I've even had it off completely, and I pull the freedom panels if it cracks into the 40's and the sun is shining. In the summer I rarely use the big plastic screws, and still no leaks.
Needless to say, this pleases me.

(knocks on wood)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

my soft top doesn't leak either
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Both of our tops leak occasionally. I have yet to find a pattern Its kinda crazy, because they wont leak for months and then its niagra falls for a few days For example, the hard top didnt leak for months and then all of a sudden it was leaking in the center, we didnt have it off or touch it. I was going to take it of and check the seals, but never did because it rained two days later and didnt leak I just cant figure it out, but Im convinced its gotta be related to the lunar cycle and the earth's proximity to the sun
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

I'm still waiting to see, I've had my Rubi for over 2 months now and now water yet...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Jax
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bly109
Both of our tops leak occasionally. I have yet to find a pattern Its kinda crazy, because they wont leak for months and then its niagra falls for a few days For example, the hard top didnt leak for months and then all of a sudden it was leaking in the center, we didnt have it off or touch it. I was going to take it of and check the seals, but never did because it rained two days later and didnt leak I just cant figure it out, but Im convinced its gotta be related to the lunar cycle and the earth's proximity to the sun
Mine does the same thing. It will rain very hard and it won't leak at all. Then, even though the panels have not been removed or disturbed, it will rain the next week and it will leak in the front at the center. So, I take the left panel off and clean the rubber (even though it looks perfectly clean) and lubricate it with Aerospace 303 and put it back on. Several months will go by with no leaks and then out of the blue, it leaks again. Makes no sense at all.

Quick Reply: My Freedom Top - Doesn't Leak