Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Experience with,

Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Experience with,

Power Tanks.

I purchased my 15lbs tank less than 90 days ago. Last week I had it filled because I was going to need it on fathers day weekend. About an hour after I got home from having it re filled, it leaked. It leaked until it was empty. As you may imagine, I was pissed. My next thought was to call Dave over at Northridge4x4 since thats were I purchased it. He gave me a number to call the guy's over at Power Tank. Not to crazy about the idea given the fact that I bought it from Dave and not directly from Power Tank. Anyway, I call and speak to a guy buy the name of Bob. He tells me I need to call the company that makes them for Power Tank. At this point I begin to think I'm getting the run around starting with Dave at Northridge. Everyone seem to be passing the buck. I expressed my disappointment with Dave and with Bob at Power Tank. But I decide to call the guy's over at Catalina cylinder. After a few more calls I thought were bullshit, The guy's at catalina have the bottle picked up at my home on tuesday morning. According to the paper work that i received with the tank, it was tested and they found the o-ring to be faulty. They replaced it and re hydro tested the tank. After it all tested okay at 1800 PSI, they ship it back and it arrives at my door by Friday. Just four days after it was picked up. After thinking to myself earlier that week that this situation was bull, Those guy's made me eat my words. The way they handled it and at the speed they handled it was nothing short of awesome.
The customer service they showed me by having it picked up, repaired, and delivered to my door step in four day's rely show's they absolutely care about their customers. I tip my hat to Bob over at catalina cylinder for taking care of my problem so fast it left me searching for words.

Now Bob at Power Tank took this a bit further. Today when i got home from work, there was a box that had come from Bob at Power Tanks. When I opened the box I found a letter describing what they found and repaired, and a Power Tank hat. When I unfolded the letter I also found a $20.00 bill that Bob had included so that I can refill my tank. My friends, if thats not customer service I don't know what is.
Both Bob's went above and beyond to make things rite. I will be calling both Bob's and thanking them for taking care of this in such a timely manor.

I am a customer for life.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is that is awesome.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all the bad news around its nice to hear a positive story for once. Kudos to the folks at Power Tank.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad it worked out!

David
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Glad it worked out!

David
i had thought that no one could match your customer service Dave. I stand corrected. There still is people and companies that actually care. Thanks Dave for doing what you do.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I really believe that David would not have passed you off if he wasn't confident you'd be treated exceptionally well by his suppliers. He avoids those vendors that don't meet his own standards for customer service.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its nice when a company truley stands behind their product
Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Update.

Well, i am sorry to report that the repaired bottle leaked again. The o-ring was actually being pushed up and out from under the valve. I took pictures and sent them to Bob Mastro on his request. He emailed me back saying that the valve looked like it wasn't seated correctly when it was repaired. He then offered to have it looked at again or just send me a new bottle. I opted for a new bottle. Bob had that new bottle at my door step within two days along with a couple of gifts. Although the gifts were not necessary, they are appreciated. As frustrating as it is to have to deal with faulty products no matter who they come from, Bob Mastro at
Power Tanks has figured it out. A happy customer is a return customer. Thanks Bob for doing what you do.

Quick Reply: My Experience with,