Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Completely Unsolicited Experience with Northridge 4x4

Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Completely Unsolicited Experience with Northridge 4x4

So after a weekend of wheeling, and as usual, I had repairs to do this week. I normally order parts either directly from the manufacturer or through a couple of the big name 4x4 parts online retailers. This time, for whatever reason, I decide to order from Northridge 4x4, and placed an order for several parts while at work in the morning.

While I was at home for lunch, my wife says that "David from Northridge 4x4" is on the phone for me. Okay, first of all, I've never had an online retailer actually pick up the phone and call me, so I was more than a bit surprised. I get on the phone with David, who says that he sent me an email, but since I did not get back to him yet, he decided to call. He then went on to say that he wanted to make sure that I wanted 2 of the exact same part - I did - because I intend to give one of them to my son, but David was concerned that I might be charged twice.

Next, David wanted me to know that they have been getting some complaints regarding the other part I ordered. He said that he'd be happy to send the one I ordered, but that he had a recommendation from a different manufacturer who made a superior product for a few dollars less. Of course, I took the recommendation.

Finally, David advises that my ordered will be shipped today (and for free).

OK Northridege 4x4 - you have another raving fan! As long as you have the parts I need, I will not shop anywhere else.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome to hear! I just wish their site was a little easier to navigate.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Damn!

Man, that is the way to earn, gain and keep business. I believe Northridge is going to be seeing my business with future orders
Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear that David helped you out. This just solidifies my choice in vendors when it comes to ordering more mods. Northridge is lucky to have someone like David with them.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

I just got back from northridge a little while ago. Got some sleeves, gussets, lca's and other misc parts put in. David and his whole crew are awesome and do great work. Every jk owner should make a trip out there. It's like traveling to modification Mecca. David will treat you right and even has HDTV and an xbox (including kinnect) to keep you occupied if by some chance you have to wait!! Thanks again guys.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Nice! Great to hear things like this.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya theyll spoil you with the service.....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK, I have to admit it. I called David to spend some money with him about 45 days ago and he got on the phone and asked me if he could call me back. Which he never did... Instead of understanding the nature of business and how busy people get sidetracked, I found and ordered my product from another vendor for less money and free shipping. FAIL. I still don't have my product some 45 days later and I get no response from that NEVER TO BE USED AGAIN retailer. I would have been better off making another attempt to place the order with David and paying more money for what I wanted as I would already have it, installed it, knocked some paint off it and been bragging about it. LESSON LEARNED.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

I've done business with Dave for some time now, but he never ceases to amaze me.

I called him the other day to place and order. One of his employees answers the phone and asks me how he can direct my call, of course I ask to be transfered to Dave.

The phone rings a couple of times, and Dave answers with "Hey Jason, I'm just wrapping up another call I'll be right with you".

WOW. He took the time to call me by name.

I swear, its the little things that add up.

Dave @ Northridge 4x4 rocks
Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

This thread is just another reason why I'm moving away from quadratec. It's great to hear the positive experiences and all with free shipping over $100...

Quick Reply: My Completely Unsolicited Experience with Northridge 4x4