Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

my clutch and my warranty

Old 07-16-2012, 03:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my clutch and my warranty

hen I bought my 07 JKU they gave me 3 months bumper to bumper warranty ... now after a month my clutch went bye bye ... will they replace it ?!? I know the clutch is not under warranty, but is it normal to buy a certified jeep and after a month to break down ? ( can I play this card and try to get it fixed by the dealer ?!)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Look at your paperwork that you signed and see if there is anything excluding the clutch from their warranty. I looked up a new 2007 jeep warranty and it does exclude the clutch on manual transmissions. You have nothing to loose by trying either. If they deny it keep going up the chain till some one gives it to you in writing that it is not covered. They should do something since it has only been a month too.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I found this on a new Jeep if it helps

The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for 36 months from the
date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer,
whichever occurs first. But the following items are
covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the
odometer, whichever occurs first:
• brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums);
• wiper blades;
• clutch discs or modular clutch assembly (as equipped);
• windshield and rear window; and
• wheel alignment and wheel balancing
Old 07-16-2012, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

I bought the jeep used however they gave me bumper to bumper for 3 months and 100k ! they said they won't cover the clutch but they will let me know what's the problem ... I'll will scream and bitch and moan till they will fix it !!!! and the wobble thing right now it's happening every single time when I'm under 50mph... I wanna break somebody's neck !!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

so ... I'm looking at $1711 for the clutch after arguing with them they dropped the price to $1300, they told me I have to change all the fluids too that's about $600 ( which I decided that I'll change myself soon ) now is that normal ?!? I bought the car last month, they said its certified pre owned with 125 points inspection !!! WTF ?!?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is their return policy?

Get the warranty coverage in writing! Don't take their word for it because this is a dealer warranty not a factory warranty which means the dealer gets to pay for it out of their pocket.

Oh and $600 in fluid changes is bull shit! Do it yourself...it is easy and there are tons of write ups on here.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

I looked it up ... the clutch is not included ... but what pisses me off is that they said the car was rigorously inspected prior to the sale ... and now after 1000 miles all the fluids need to be changed ?!? I've been riding driving stick vehicles for the past 12/14 years ... it's impossible ... then they showed me "as is" what more can I say ?! I'll go tomorrow pay the 13 hundred and that's it !!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you have been wheeling the Jeep out in the Everglades I call bullshit on the fluid change.

Clutches are hard to warranty because not everyone drives them the same.

Anyhow a quality replacement clutch should run about 300-400 bucks. Got any mechanic buddies?

AS-IS....so what happened to the 3 month bumper to bumper??
Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 AM
JK Newbie

bumper to bumper apparently doesn't include clutch, fluids or anything useful for that matter )) I'll go tomorrow ( with some Vaseline ) and $1300 ,pay the stealership ( now I know why they call em this way) bend over take it like a man and do the repairs on my own from now on !! I talked to a friend of mine and I can use his shop ( motorcycle mechanic/painting/etc etc shop) from now on, gotta pay in beer and food !!! LESSON LEARNED, never ever will I deal with them...
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MeAki
bumper to bumper apparently doesn't include clutch, fluids or anything useful for that matter )) I'll go tomorrow ( with some Vaseline ) and $1300 ,pay the stealership ( now I know why they call em this way) bend over take it like a man and do the repairs on my own from now on !! I talked to a friend of mine and I can use his shop ( motorcycle mechanic/painting/etc etc shop) from now on, gotta pay in beer and food !!! LESSON LEARNED, never ever will I deal with them...
Brother of you're paying out of pocket, I'd definitely at least call a local mechanic, no-dealer. I'm guessing it will be alot cheaper than $1300 and they will probably warranty their work for a few months/miles. Do yourself the favor and make a phone call or two or three.

Quick Reply: my clutch and my warranty