Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My 2008 JK Sahara Possible Lemon Law.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a Jeep It is going to leak slightly and maybe at the car wash.
That's a no brainer.
But when it rains and the jeep is parked in your driveway and it fills the floor
boards up with water and then gets cold and your seat belts won't pull out because they have frozen.
Yeah that's an issue.
Not my first jeep and I know what is a normal amount of jeep leak and what is not.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that comment is directed at me. Fairly. I think that is a well stated and factual group of words on a certain level. This will be my final post about the leaks, I promise. (I did laugh at the tough guy picture in the thread. You made my case very well. Love to see you in tellico this year. Look me up. Nice Hair "cut" )

I also have had many Jeeps. I have never ever had a single one leak through the roof. EVER. I did have two TJs that had the leak through the firewall where the AC line comes through, but that was fixed with one trip. I stand by everything I have said. Their appears to be a much much much higher incident rate of leaks with the JK. period. Both I have purchased are lemons in every since of the word. Every one in my Jeep club is a lemon except one. Some choose to live with their lemons and that is fine. I am doing that right now with my current one. Blowing the issue off with all Jeeps leak is childish and not true.

The drain plugs are there to hose out the interior after off-roading. Not because the Jeep fills up with water if you leave it outside.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
excuse me. according to the polls here.... there is a 1 in 2 chance it is a leaker. I feel the percentages are higher. There seems to be a "tough guy" attitude here. I can say without a doubt that the design is a failure if half made leak, if that is where you are going.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/does-you-factory-hardtop-softtop-ever-leak-68561/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/does-your-top-leak-poll-58442/

I just want the poster to not go through the lemon efforts to get another leaker like I did and many others. It's unrealistic to think that the replacement would be any different than what he has when the odds are 1 in 2.

Said it before.... the lawyer that did mine said she does one Wrangler a week. There were 4 people in the waiting room when I was there. That's just one city. It is very apparent that there is a huge problem. Believe it or not.

I am glad you got what everyone should get. A new Jeep that doesn't leak.
Saltman since you cannot seem to get over it as you mentioned it again, there is NOTHING in my post that shows me acting like a "tough guy" I just dont agree with you at all and others have said the same thing. I posted the picture to be light hearted fun that shows water pouring out of my jeep, but I guess you just focused on the guy in the pic , which by the way is my nephew in the pic, yeah your cool making fun of a haircut, but someone else is being childlish

Your polls dont prove anything, more people that have problems are more likely to answer and complain. Are there even over 200 people who answered? there are over 19000 people on the forum, over 250K JK's sold. YES I AGREE that the JK's have issues with leaks and WAY TO MANY leak, but to say that ALL will leak the same is just wrong and rediculous, and telling someone not to bother lemon lawing their jeep, maybe they will get one like mine and many others I know that doesnt leak.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

FYI. I have the same the haircut.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

FYI. I have the same the haircut.
its to bad your 2nd Jeep leaks too, I hope the 2nd one is at least somewhat better.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is completely incorrect and misinformation.

A leaking top absolutely falls within the lemon law because it significantly reduces the value of the vehicle. In fact, it is specifically listed in my state's General Statues and every one I have looked up for other people on this site. It will get you a new Jeep as many many many people with lemon JKs can attest to here.

EVERY lemon law case is a breach of warranty.
I used a VERY well known federal lemon law laywer. I am only saying what he told me. I still got a settlement but it was under breech of warranty NOT lemon law. Obviously the lawyer would do everything possible to get me the most money possible. The firm gets a percentage of what he gets for me. If he gets me nothing, he gets nothing.

I think I could have pursued it further and got more but I was about to trade it in and the lawyer made it clear that I wouldn't get a new Jeep or a buyback due to a leak. I also ended up with more money for my trade because this was my 3rd Jeep from the same dealer.

Last edited by davidwm71; 03-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well my dealership called me today and told me that they spoke with GM of Crysler and he told my dealership to either replace the vehicle or if I didn't want another Jeep/Chrysler product I could just walk away minus any wear and tear on the vehicle. I would also be getting my deposit back $3500, so right now I am not sure what to do, chance another JK and hopefully don't have any issues or walk away and get something else. I have a few days to decide and let the dealership know what I plan on doing.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

What dealer are you using? With my 05 I was back over 13 times for the leaking top and many times for other reasons. Even with a lawyer involved it took a little time to get a settlement worked out AND it was no where near a new Jeep.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dealership is McDonough Jeep/Chrysler in East Brunswick, NJ

Quick Reply: My 2008 JK Sahara Possible Lemon Law.