Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My 2008 JK Sahara Possible Lemon Law.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saltman
Again. The 2009s will leak exactly the same as whatever you are replacing.
this is by far one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on here. you are basically saying that all jeeps leak and all jeeps leak the same....

So everyone who bought a JK has a leak?

I guess all 19000+ of us here on the forum should call Chrysler today and complain that our jeeps all leak exactly the same

this is how mine leaks
Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
this is by far one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on here. you are basically saying that all jeeps leak and all jeeps leak the same....

So everyone who bought a JK has a leak?

I guess all 19000+ of us here on the forum should call Chrysler today and complain that our jeeps all leak exactly the same

this is how mine leaks

excuse me. according to the polls here.... there is a 1 in 2 chance it is a leaker. I feel the percentages are higher. There seems to be a "tough guy" attitude here. I can say without a doubt that the design is a failure if half made leak, if that is where you are going.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/does-you-factory-hardtop-softtop-ever-leak-68561/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/does-your-top-leak-poll-58442/

I just want the poster to not go through the lemon efforts to get another leaker like I did and many others. It's unrealistic to think that the replacement would be any different than what he has when the odds are 1 in 2.

Said it before.... the lawyer that did mine said she does one Wrangler a week. There were 4 people in the waiting room when I was there. That's just one city. It is very apparent that there is a huge problem. Believe it or not.

I am glad you got what everyone should get. A new Jeep that doesn't leak.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by arkain04
saltman!!:
I lemoned my 2007. You are misinformed. You will quickly find out when you go through the process. Start with the card in your manual and you will see. Everything done before that is a waste of time.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saltman...

1) A couple of polls on a random forum on the internet for a relatively popular model of vehicle is far from scientific. You are basically pulling numbers out your butt there. If you poll all the people in totallity you can say what you did with some assurity in it's accuracy, otherwise you are just spouting off.

Not saying it isn't an issue, but I think you would see things like Class Action suits and press coverage if it was a 1 in 2 failure rate, especially with all the Lemons that's likely to end up costing Chyrsler.

Remember... for every complaint there are often many unheard compliments by people with out that problem. People tend to only chime in when something is wrong, so you likely to never get an accurate feel for the number until long after the fact.

2) I believe that Chrysler sends out reps with arbitration powers. They are authorized to make you a settlement offer in a Lemon case and through contract bind you to their arbitration on the matter or what ever.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GNNR
Saltman...

1) A couple of polls on a random forum on the internet for a relatively popular model of vehicle is far from scientific. You are basically pulling numbers out your butt there. If you poll all the people in totallity you can say what you did with some assurity in it's accuracy, otherwise you are just spouting off.

Not saying it isn't an issue, but I think you would see things like Class Action suits and press coverage if it was a 1 in 2 failure rate, especially with all the Lemons that's likely to end up costing Chyrsler.

Remember... for every complaint there are often many unheard compliments by people with out that problem. People tend to only chime in when something is wrong, so you likely to never get an accurate feel for the number until long after the fact.

2) I believe that Chrysler sends out reps with arbitration powers. They are authorized to make you a settlement offer in a Lemon case and through contract bind you to their arbitration on the matter or what ever.
I agree this forum is far from scientific. I never stated it was. I am pulling numbers from the air. However, I am speaking on my experience with my 2 JKs and the ones in my Jeep club. I do feel like one in two is defective. I actually believe it is higher than that. There is only one non-leaker out of the 23 current JKs in the Jeep club. If anything, this forum is skewed towards the "tough guy" it's ok side. That is why I think the numbers are higher. I encourage anyone considering the lemon route to drive by their dealer after a rain and look at how many on the lots leak. I did it. It reinforced my perception.

I may not have spoken clearly regarding the process. What I meant to say is if you have not formally initiated the process requesting your final repair attempt, than you have done nothing.

Your negotiations after you have sent in the car will be between you and Chrysler until they forward your request to the mediator ISG. They handle the lemon cases not Chrysler. Not the Dealer. Not some Chrysler rep. The dealer has nothing to do with it other than confirming the information on your request with their records. They don't make recommendations or anything like that. It is not subjective. It is purely facts. Did the vehicle dome in for 4 or more repair attempts that were unsuccessful and the problem remains.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen plenty of complaints on here, not sure about the tough guy thing... that may just stick out to you because you have had problems.

Either way, a group of random forum dwellers that is essentially a niche of the total population of owners (same for club members)... people who mod and push their rides too... is probably not a good or fair measuring stick. Think of all the Mall Cruiser JKs out there... if there were, after 3 years, a 1 in 2 or so ratio you would ahve heard about it in the news and what not.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

I am in Arkansas. I went through three different extended stays at the dealer over the leaks. Then then rep got involved and I met him there and explained things to him. One week later he called and told me to make a decision.

1 Have them replace the Jeep
2 Have them purchase the jeep back with additional funds for the parts added.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
The soft top should not remain stored in the back.

If you go through with the lemon process do not replace it with another JK if you are unhappy about the leaks. The 09s are exactly the same.

Try searching the board. There's ton of info on this continuing defect and constant lemons.

Every Jeep I have ever had leaks water at the tailgate where the gap is. That is normal. Especially if you shoot it with a hose. Constant leaks everywhere else are not. (well not with Jeeps other than the JK)

Here's my 2009 replacement for my 2007 lemon. Turned 6100 miles today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOYR...e=channel_page
I have had my JK for 25 months and it has NEVER leaked with the hard top on, it leaks occasionally with the soft top.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my sundrider part open and closed several times so far and powerwashed my ride just the other day as well as several good rain storms through here, nary a drop yet. *knock on wood*
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
HGF
JK Newbie

I believe that all jeeps leak to some extent, but 50% of jeeps are not lemon law cases. some are, most aren't, but most will leak at least a bit, its a jeep if you want a high end vehicle that looks tough go buy a hummer, of you want the most capable vehicle built, with top down and doors off, buy a jeep. Yes, some leaks are really bad and should be lemon cases, but in general its gonna leak some, thats why its got drain plugs.

Quick Reply: My 2008 JK Sahara Possible Lemon Law.