Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MW3 Edition or Rubicon?

Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal preference

Originally Posted by JTOTHAP
I Can buy either Jeep. The Rubicon would be white loaded out. The MW3 edition is as you know already loaded out. The new 2013 would cost 40,000 for the Rubicon or I can get the MW3 edition for 42,000. Both are brand new. Does anyone regret getting/not getting the MW3?? I like it but I think it may not be as cool in a few years. I cannot make up my mind so I figured I would ask you for help. Thanks.
It all depends on what you like. Personally I don't like things that everyone else has. I don't like driving down the road and seeing 50,000 cars just like mine. That's why I went with the Jeep SRT8 when they came out, and the MW3. I know they're just a Grand Cherokee and a Wrangler but I don't see many SRT8s or MW3s at every gas station.

I like the fact that they're limited production. I can honestly say, I ordered my SRT8 new in 2006 and have only seen 2 other ones on the road since then. Both of them were in towns at other ends of the state.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brutusroof
It all depends on what you like. Personally I don't like things that everyone else has. I don't like driving down the road and seeing 50,000 cars just like mine. That's why I went with the Jeep SRT8 when they came out, and the MW3. I know they're just a Grand Cherokee and a Wrangler but I don't see many SRT8s or MW3s at every gas station.

I like the fact that they're limited production. I can honestly say, I ordered my SRT8 new in 2006 and have only seen 2 other ones on the road since then. Both of them were in towns at other ends of the state.
Same here... Just a couple and I never really ever see them. Even if the parts were stripped down from their AEV counterparts, they still arent the same as the stock Rubi.... so makes me less inclined to replace them like I have on every other vehicle ive owned. And I also know plenty of adults that play MW3 and I get just as many points and "omg's" from them as I do the kids.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey if you want to come to SC to get a great deal on one, Rick Hendrick Dodge has a 2012 silver one here, pre-owned with 5k miles on it and they are asking 42k. I know they will let it go for less than that because I had negotiated with them on it.

It also has a Warn winch added, don't remember what model but it was brand new with synthetic rope.

Good price if you want an MW3 I just couldn't bring myself to tack 15k onto my financing which will be paid off in 3 months to go from a fully loaded 2010 to a fully loaded 2012. That doesn't mean it's not a good deal for somebody else though!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B.S.
It depends.....if you're like 12 years old you get the MW3 if you are an adult get the Rubi. For me I can't stand the AEV bumpers, especially the tubeless version, so on that basis alone I would pass. Oh, and not to mention the childish looking MW3 logos. But hey it is your money do what you want!!!

Everyone has different likes and dislikes, and Im sure everyone knows the old saying about opinions. There are a ton of jeeps on here that I don't like at all. Some of the homemade bumpers and chopped fenders I think look like $hit but I have enough class/manners to keep my negative opinions to myself. Hey if they like em, thats all that matters. Im a college grad in my 40s and have never touched the game, but I bought my MW3 jeep due to its limited production and the fact that I dont see one everytime I go thru town.
Im sure some of the hard core older jeep fans thing buying a 4 door jeep is waste of money.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Couldn't agree more; I like the MW3's and I've never played a video game since pacman in a bar during college in the early 80's.
The MW3 front bumper is way better than the reg. AEV bumper; probably 1 out of 1000 people have ever needed that hoop that just adds useless weight.
Every time I see a COD or an MW3 I say "nice Jeep!", I like my 11' JKU Rubi. but the COD's and MW3's have everything mine has and even more; if you can afford it buy it.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Gotta love black!

I originally called the dealer and said I wanted an all black Rubi with everything. The salesperson suggested the MW3, and I'm glad. It had ALMOST everything I wanted. I have all black vehicles and they're a PITA, but they sure look nice when clean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-22_15-28-35_71.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	344814Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-22_15-29-17_96.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	344815
Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Get the rubicon. It just wierds me out having video game decals on a jeep. I will run my jeep until it dies. 20 + years from now no one will care about mw3. Plus its fun customizing your own jeep. You can still have a unique jeep that you won't see other people driving. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brutusroof
Im sure some of the hard core older jeep fans thing buying a 4 door jeep is waste of money.
You are correct that is exactly what old school Jeep guys think. But then again everyone should spend their money on what they want, and not worry what others think.

Also, the opinions expressed in this thread are meant to answer the inquiry of the original poster as that is what they are seeking.....some opinions are good and others are not. Everyone has their own that is for sure.

Last edited by B.S.; 07-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: MW3 Edition or Rubicon?