Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MW3 Edition or Rubicon?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A rubi is well worth the extra $ if you can afford it get it or if you can't don't. But I love how people try to rag people because they did there home work or can afford. If you plan to build a crazy crawler and go bigger than 37s I'd start with a sport. But if you want to start your build with a leg up it only make sense to start with a rubi. But if you don't go with a rubi. I won't give you crap for going a different route to make myself feel better about how I did things.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get the rubi. Think possible resale and rubi comes with more useful offroad equipment and correct me if I'm wrong it has Dana 35 in front instead of 44
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

As far as mw3 I love the interior and rock rails the front and rear bumper I like the stubby look but that's me I would never rag someone for making that choice.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkambulance
Get the rubi. Think possible resale and rubi comes with more useful offroad equipment and correct me if I'm wrong it has Dana 35 in front instead of 44
Reverse that has a 44 front and back
Old 06-07-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like the bumper that comes with it the extra cost may be worth it, I think the two bumpers are almost $2,000 alone then you get the lift and other little stuff and it should all be covered under warranty.

I am glad I got Rubicons - only issue is wheel and vehicle speed in some situations with the 4:1 low range, I haven't modded it to let me lock in 4-hi yet.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the Rubicon and from what I read I believe the OP went with the same (loaded). Good for you!!

Post some pics when you get it.

Here's mine:

Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

I agree about the MW3 edition... I still regret buying my 2004 TJ Wii Sports Edition. I can't seem to get it sold to anyone because of the trim package.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I understand where the OP is comming from. I drove the MW3 truck on the lot my husband works at.

The truck is nice but gimmicky. The sticker on the one I looked at was 46k and I don't need a 4 door. I went ahead and ordered and 2 door Rubicon with everything except the body color top and body colored fenders. I wanted the rubber fenders and bumpers.

Also order it with the 430N radio....it has the Garmin Nav....much better!!

My 2009 Sahara is also fully loaded. I drive it as a daily driver and I love it. I don't offroad mine, but like having the ability to get through flooded streets when we have a bad storm or hurricane. Plus I can tow a small trailer if needed.

My point is, pick something you are going to like. Drive it a few years, if you get tired of it you can trade it and it shouldn't loose any significant value.

I am going to end up with the same note even though I am upgrading to a nicer jeep.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep is going to take a BATH on the MW3 and Freedom Editions.

They are WAY over-priced for what is basically decals.

Get the standard Rubi unless you are getting a crazy deal.

BTW, some of the MW3's are being discounted by up to $6500. They are sitting on dealer lots all over the place. Everyone is thinking...why pay $5000 for stickers?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by panthermark
Jeep is going to take a BATH on the MW3 and Freedom Editions.

They are WAY over-priced for what is basically decals.

Get the standard Rubi unless you are getting a crazy deal.

BTW, some of the MW3's are being discounted by up to $6500. They are sitting on dealer lots all over the place. Everyone is thinking...why pay $5000 for stickers?
I agree with that. The special editions are going to end up about the same value as the regular Jeep Wranglers. I can say that my Sahara maintained its value. I am upgrading because of the nicer interior and upgraded options.

Quick Reply: MW3 Edition or Rubicon?