Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MW3 Edition or Rubicon?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MW3 Edition or Rubicon?

I Can buy either Jeep. The Rubicon would be white loaded out. The MW3 edition is as you know already loaded out. The new 2013 would cost 40,000 for the Rubicon or I can get the MW3 edition for 42,000. Both are brand new. Does anyone regret getting/not getting the MW3?? I like it but I think it may not be as cool in a few years. I cannot make up my mind so I figured I would ask you for help. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default re

well if I am not mistaken the mw3 is just a rubi with aftermarket lift, bumpers, wheels, tires, seats, hood, and badges. so it's kind of like some one asking should I get a sport or x model. Do you plan on doing any aftermarket modifications?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crp534
well if I am not mistaken the mw3 is just a rubi with aftermarket lift, bumpers, wheels, tires, seats, hood, and badges. so it's kind of like some one asking should I get a sport or x model. Do you plan on doing any aftermarket modifications?
The MW3 doesn't have a lift. It's Rubi suspension.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

I'd get the Rubicon and put the $2k into lift, wheels, tires, winch and bumpers. Of course $2k won't cover all that but it's a start. If your going to leave your JK stock and like the MW3 look then you may want the MW3. The only thing I like about the MW3 is the heavy bumpers but the aftermarket still has many better bumper choices than Mopar.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

How would you feel if you had a Halo edition Jeep? or a Street Fighter Jeep?

Exactly
Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

I vote Rubicon! I love mine! I just feel that the MW3 is gimmicky.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go for the Rubicon then get what you want for bumpers and stuff.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

The problem is finding a rubi my problem is I can get a MW3 at one dealership for the same as a rubi at another after trade so I think I'll get it and sell the bumpers and wheels and get the ones I want.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTOTHAP
I Can buy either Jeep. The Rubicon would be white loaded out. The MW3 edition is as you know already loaded out. The new 2013 would cost 40,000 for the Rubicon or I can get the MW3 edition for 42,000. Both are brand new. Does anyone regret getting/not getting the MW3?? I like it but I think it may not be as cool in a few years. I cannot make up my mind so I figured I would ask you for help. Thanks.
I dunno to me that just seems like an aweful lot to spend on a Wrangler that I am going to thrash the crap out of that will still need a bunch of money on gear to make it useable. If I was going to spend $40k plus on a new Jeep I would probably just call Mel and say how bad ass can you make me for XYZ amount of money.

If your idea is that you just want a really cool looking rig I would suggest not buying the Wrangler fully loaded, as I believe you will be let down. All that fancy junk on a Jeep just never works right. Those who complain the most about things breaking are typically those that buy fully loaded rigs and then expect them not to leak, the Uconnect thing to actually work, the Nav not to go bat shit every once in a while, etc. I dont care if you spend 22k or 42k on your jeep most likely sooner or later it is going to leak, it is what it is. If you are looking for a cool looking jeep ride you might check out a SRT instead maybe.

Bottom line I could buy two brand new 2dr Sport models for what you are looking to spend almost. Or could by a Sport and a used buggy in pretty good shape to crawl rocks with. Bottom line thou is everyone is different and it is your money not mine. Best of luck with your choice and I hope you can get what you are looking for.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by renzo1200
How would you feel if you had a Halo edition Jeep? or a Street Fighter Jeep?

Exactly
Point taken and thoroughly agreed... though I can't say I wouldn't love a Tomb Raider Jeep As far as MW3... no thanks. I would be embarrassed of the badges, the wheels are rubi wheels painted, same rubi suspension. I do like the bumpers that come on the MW3, but I'd rather keep the dough, spend it on the bumpers I want, and not have a Jeep modeled after a video game...

As far as anyone telling you not to get a loaded jeep: my previous vehicle was a silverado on 34's with no keyless entry or carpets, WT model. My Rubi (which I am way happy with BTW) isn't 'loaded' but has things like heated seats and let me tell you... best money ever spent. Its really not that expensive for heated seats or remote start, and its badass having such a capable rig that can still toast your fanny who gives a S if 10 years down the road they stop working depreciate $180 over ten years and it cost me $1.50 a month for remote start... NO BRAINER!

Quick Reply: MW3 Edition or Rubicon?