Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mother-in-Law Proof JK

Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mother-in-Law Proof JK

Before I bought my JK I had 04 Liberty. As soon as I got it I put the biggest tires I could fit on it, leaving just enough clearance for my snow chains. My mother-in-law complained every time we gave her a ride. "what did you have to get this thing for (the Liberty), I guess you guys don't want me to go with you anywhere, this thing is too high for me to get up in to". I would always say... (to myself of course) Not quite high enough you grumpy ole ##@!!. So I got my JK last month. It's all stock until tomorrow. Up to today she's been in it twice, and pretty much had to lay down across the back seat and pull her self in. IMO this was pretty funny for me to watch. Now I'm not a mean guy, but you don't know my mother-in-law. If you did you would have got a kick out of it too.

So tomorrow I get my Teraflex 2.5" BB, my new wheels and my 33"s. I figure this should pretty much Mother-in-Law Proof my JK. WhoooooHoooo!!! no more giving the mother-in-law a ride to anywhere!!! If for some strange reason she manages to make it up inside, I'll add another inch and some 35"s

Like I said, I'm not a mean guy, but 26 years of giving her a ride here and there and listening to her back seat driving saying... you're going too fast, watch out for those bumps, roll up the window it's messing up my hair, ect, ect, ect... has gotten real, real old.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

2.5" will fit 35's just fine......why wait????
Old 04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could always take the back seat out and "lose" it
Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by falconfixer333
you could always take the back seat out and "lose" it
You could always take her out to the woods wheeling and "lose" her
Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually, you could probably install one of those side steps/ladders that automatically descends when you open the door. If you were a good son-in-law, you would do this! j/k
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

My luck with her, we'd be on the way to the woods and on the winding roads she'd puke in my JK. That would piss me off. Need to think of something else. Since she dosen't like the wind in her hair I could just take the hardtop off. That should keep her away. Wait... and if the top is off...hmm. If only there was a mod for an ejector seat. That would be GREAT!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very, very funny Finn. I think i like your idea the least. You have a very sick sense of humor
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Detn8RYellow

I would love to get a picture of that. I'll try. hehe. A video would be even better. If I couldn't get a picture of that, one with her flying out with the ejector seat would be pretty cool
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by somewhereinla
Why would you want to see pictures of his mother-in-law??

Quick Reply: Mother-in-Law Proof JK