Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Most Puncture Resistant Tire?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndianaJeep
I have Toyo MT's, i think they are 10ply, they ARE heavy but was glad for it when I recently ran over a large log located near a fire pit (dont ask me for further details) but this log actually stopped me DEAD in my tracks in 4LO even because it went straight into the driver's side rear tire, and was then pined to the bottom of the front driver's side tire....It had pushed the tire in a couple of inches and I wasn't aired down. I had to saw the log in half to get it un-wedged. I was fearing when I let the pressure off, it would have left a puncture in this tire but to my surpise, it handled like nothin and no problems ever since. So that is at least my experience THUS far with this tire.
Vampires will be sporting this tread next season!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

my Toyos have 90,000Km and are about to be changed......they are like tractor tires, indestructable......
Old 04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hands down the BFG krawler has the toughest sidewall with the new MT/R Kevlar second. Other tires are good but these two are the best. I've owned both these tires as well as Toyota m/t and interco tires.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mmcan

Vampires will be sporting this tread next season!
Freudian slip?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default Duratracs

Someone mentioned Duratracs earlier. While I absolutely love my Duratracs, I got about a one inch gash in the sidewall on a random trail here in NW FL...VERY tame trail, but I must have caught a stump or something the wrong way...no idea what it was. It could have just been a bad tire, but sort of put a bad taste in my mouth in regards to durability. I had been running the tires for about three weeks.

Other than that, they perform great offroad (around here) and are very nice for a DD (very quiet).

SD
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Not to disagree with the Toyo M/T because ive never ran them, but in multiple different offroading "rings" (redneck mudding, rock crawling, trail riding) the consesus "tough bulletproof tire" has always been the SX... Im not saying the toyo isnt, i just couldnt believe 3 pages of "tough tire" threads and noone mentioned the SX!

Swamper SX gets my vote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SD27
Someone mentioned Duratracs earlier. While I absolutely love my Duratracs, I got about a one inch gash in the sidewall on a random trail here in NW FL...VERY tame trail, but I must have caught a stump or something the wrong way...no idea what it was. It could have just been a bad tire, but sort of put a bad taste in my mouth in regards to durability. I had been running the tires for about three weeks.

Other than that, they perform great offroad (around here) and are very nice for a DD (very quiet).

SD
They're known for excellent all year tire including snow and all conditions.....
BUT WITH WEAK SIDEWALLS...... sorry about your luck.

Quick Reply: Most Puncture Resistant Tire?