Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default X2

Originally Posted by toad
Oh, I agree with you. I've found that the women don't wave to me..and I'm a woman!!!! Whatever. I still keep waving.
Same with me ... And I still wave
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i find about 80% of the wranglers that don't wave are driven by women... but i've met some really cool gals in wranglers and all is forgiven
Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Saugwah
I have experienced many times that girls in other JEEPS dont wave. Whats with that. You would think the girls in JEEPS would be friendlier and not so stuck up. (Sorry ladies but thats just my experience)

This girl waves out the top all the time.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by toad
Oh, I agree with you. I've found that the women don't wave to me..and I'm a woman!!!! Whatever. I still keep waving.
I wave and Jeep Chicks too.. THEY ROCK
Old 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

One of the best waves was a couple years back...

we are in my friends YJ and a TJ is coming up on the other side of the road. It's an older lady driving and when she gets close she starts waving, not a little wave but a "bon voyage" type wave. As she passes we see that she is wearing a Habit. We also notice she is driving a Rubicon.

A "Jeep wave" from a Nun in a Rubicon... NICE!

Since then I have seen a Rubicon with an older lady driving every once in a while. She waves but just a regular wave. I always wonder if she was the Nun we saw a few years back. I don't see her often but it's always in the same area, which wasn't far from where we saw the Nun.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Few people in the Bay Area respond when I wave to them, but maybe it has something to do with a lack of mods as someone here pointed out. Perhaps the less mods you have, the less likely you are to be aware of the wave?

When I had my Harley though I always got waves from other Harley riders. I loved riding Hwy 9 through the Santa Cruz mountains and as part of a group of riders, we'd always wave to other packs as we passed each other. Then a coupla guys on Hondas would see us waving, so they'd wave to us and of course we wouldn't wave back. Must've been confusing for them.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by myklt8
doors and top off, you will get lots of waves!

so im driving this morning top off,, doors off, foot hanging out, music jammin, im as happy as a clam. i look over and its another JK and the guy looks at me like I had horns coming out of my head. I waved at him and he flipped me off HAHAHAHA Hater lol
Old 07-24-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZenGirl
so im driving this morning top off,, doors off, foot hanging out, music jammin, im as happy as a clam. i look over and its another JK and the guy looks at me like I had horns coming out of my head. I waved at him and he flipped me off HAHAHAHA Hater lol
That sucks! When that happens just keep on waving and give an evile grin.

I've been getting a lot of returned waves. And suprisingly it has been a lot of Sahara owners waving back. Guess they all aren't owned by yuppies (from another thread) or maybe somebody clued them in
Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I am a girl (stole my husbands sign in ) and I wave all the time. I tend to get more waves back when I have the top and doors off though.

Jen
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Keith615;610230] That sucks! When that happens just keep on waving and give an evile grin.

LOL He is prolly just angry cause he cant figure out how to take his doors and top off

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"