Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 07-15-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I notice too that most 4-door owners don't wave back.

BUT, I have also noticed I get waves and thumbs up at my 4-door - probably because I got it with the half-doors. That also may make a difference to those TJ & YJ folks - so far they've always waved.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

I being the "ZEN" Jeep Chick that I am LOL , wave at all Jeepers. I get some that wave back and some that do not. I believe there are 2 types of Jeepers out there ,,, the "Trail Rated Jeepers, and The Mall Rated Jeepers. I wish there was a Jeep Hug cause I'd hug each and every one of you freaks LOL
Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man my wife will get pissed if the other wrangler doesn't give the wave. She feels that it is an obligation and your a loser if you don't wave. I have to agree with her.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sometimes drive my bros car when I need to haul stuff cuz hez gotta silverado and I forget Im not in my jeep and wave and they wont wave back and then I realize y and feel like a dumbass lol
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

We are in the middle of our tourist season here. The traffic is a crush of people vacationing to Teton Park and Yellowstone. I see a lot of Jeeps of all kinds and try to wave to most of them. I would guess 1 out of 20 wave back. I feel foolish sometimes waving at traffic. Most of them don't even look my way, like I am invisible or something. And there are many talking on cell phones, of course. Trying to keep myself from giving up the wave is becoming a personal challenge. It sure is nice when someone returns the wave. Makes me wonder if they are a member of this Forum. Here's one from me.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
We are in the middle of our tourist season here. The traffic is a crush of people vacationing to Teton Park and Yellowstone. I see a lot of Jeeps of all kinds and try to wave to most of them. I would guess 1 out of 20 wave back. I feel foolish sometimes waving at traffic. Most of them don't even look my way, like I am invisible or something. And there are many talking on cell phones, of course. Trying to keep myself from giving up the wave is becoming a personal challenge. It sure is nice when someone returns the wave. Makes me wonder if they are a member of this Forum. Here's one from me.
Last 2 days I havent got a return wave back at all. I keep on wavin however. I will not give up lol
Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doors and top off, you will get lots of waves!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by myklt8
doors and top off, you will get lots of waves!
Ran all last week and this week without doors and tops and actually got less waves - go figure. I still keep waving and smiling though!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, was getting more with top and doors on, but the last 2 weeks have been hot, so i think it's gone to people's heads and they're not evening thinking of anything but being hot when they're driving.

But, I'm gonna try and convert this town into a Jeep Wavin' town.

Not really a wave, but I had two people come want to look at the JK when i was parked at sonic the other day with the top and doors off. Both had old CJs but hadn't had a jeep since. Great fun.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

I have experienced many times that girls in other JEEPS dont wave. Whats with that. You would think the girls in JEEPS would be friendlier and not so stuck up. (Sorry ladies but thats just my experience)

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"