Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Ike
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seattle, wa - no love for the while in the JK whatsoever. maybe after the winch goes back on and the windshield lights. always got waves in the rubi. I don't wave at females anymore because, at least around here, they look at me like I'm some kind of perv or something. if they do wave you might get a raised couple of fingers and they pretend not to notice you. i'm glad I'm happily married because the women around here seem hopelessly jaded.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

Hate it for ya man, I didn't think my girlfriend would understand at first, but she seems to get it. Still thinks I'm stupid, but she gets it. I wave all the time, but as someone said above, I think a lot of it depends on the mods that you have, or whether or not they care at all about moding theres. For some people their wrangler seems to be just a "car" to get them from point A to point B, and those are usually the ones who don't wave.

I love the Jeep wave, and I love the Jeep family. Matter of fact, went to dinner at Apple Bee's today, and noticed a pretty stock Green x parked in the back. Me and my girlfriend had the top down, so we were kind of windblown so when the waiter came up to our table he asked if that was our Jeep and I said yea. And he said that was X out back. Spent a good 15 minutes talking about tire upgrades. It was cool, didn't know the guy at all but something like a vehicle allowed us to have an unrestricted conversation. You don't get much of that in the world today to be honest anymore, everyone is so judgemental and standoff-ish. It's nice to find a welcoming group of people.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a female and always wave! I find some days are better than others at getting waves back. Other women almost never wave back since they're on the cellphone or just not paying attention.

Most guys will wave back, but I do get "the scowl" on occasion. Well...it's not really a scowl; the dudes look like their totally high as they watch me drive by. LOL!!

I've taken a few of my coworkers out in the Jeep (over lunch) and they all love it. Especially when we get waves. They're like..."That's SO cool! I wanna Jeep!"

I drive one of the only yellow 4-dr JKs in St. Louis...so if you see one and get a wave from a girl....it's most likely me.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am new to Jeeps, but I make every point to wave at all Wranglers I see. My wife wants to get a Jeep also now, so maybe next year we will have paid off her van enough to trade it in on a Wrangler for her. I will make sure she is ready and prepared to wave at all Wranglers also. My kids are already sold on the idea and wave at all Jeeps.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default i wave

I am a woman and always wave. I find that mostly the four door ones don't wave back. Especially in NY but I travel to Jersey frequently. I deffinately get more waves in NJ.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Seems like alot of the yuppie Jeepers up here that buy a new JK Rubicon and then never take it off road are killing the wave. I always wave in my Rubi and they never wave back. Do nothing but give me a snooty look. All of the CJ's and TJ's are always waving back.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Ah... 4-doors without mods NEVER wave down here. And then there is one 4-door that is lowered and blinged out that I'm glad never waves at me!

I make a point to wave at everyone (except the aforementioned lowered and blinged 4-door). Pretty good responses outside of that one demographic. I've also noticed that a hardtop on a JK down here significantly reduces the chance of a wave.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Folks with mods seem to always wave, those without, rarely. I wave to them all, even Cherokees & Grands with mods....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Uhm, excuse me? Generalizing much?

In *my* experience, many GUYS won't wave at girls. I often get a scowl as I wave (coupled with an enormous grin because I still adore this aspect of Jeep ownership). Last time I went to pick up Mopar parts a guy waiting for an oil change made some brilliant comment about what this world was coming to now with 'em selling Jeeps to chicks and all.

Doesn't matter which chromosomes you got saddled with, there are assholes on either side. And some even drive Jeeps.

(Can I say asshole on this board?)

ETA: If I had a girly set up or a pink Jeep or something, I would think the scowl would be warranted. But I don't. More stock than I would like but perfectly respectable.
X2 You go girl
Old 07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not wave at the "yuppies"that just traded their SUV on a 4door(I think it scares them.Really strong JEEP community in western Canada,most of the real jeep enthusiasts wave around here its just respect
by the way in Calagary lots of "girls"dive jeeps,including rubis and other seriously built jeeps. watch what you say cause some of our "jeep girls"might have a nicer ride than you and kick your butt on the trail

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"