Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsy

Doesn't matter which chromosomes you got saddled with, there are assholes on either side. And some even drive Jeeps.

BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ever since I mounted my lights, incoming waves have tripled.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!
Well thank you!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

The chance of a Jeep driver waving is in direct proportion to the modifications done (or wanted).
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
In my experience, most women don't wave.
That's unfortunately my experience as well. Don't believe I've had a female wave yet

I did, however, get a honk from a topless CJ full of girls Made me happy. Honks are OK too

I doubt I'm alone, but it (almost) always makes my day when someone does me a favor on the road: whether it's a wave, or letting me into traffic. I find waving is like golf: Doesnt matter how mad I get from things just not happening, all it takes is for something to go right once in a while, and I keep doing it

Last edited by noot; 07-14-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck. Maybe after a while your wife will come around.

I think there are a lot of new Jeep owners who either don't know about or don't understand the wave. Even though this is our first Wrangler, my wife "gets" the wave. Good thing because she is the primary driver of our JK for now. She says the most non-returned waves are from women in other Unlimiteds.

Originally Posted by deadspot
This weekend I was down in Southern Maryland and saw more JKs than ever - but we were in our Honda van! I almost wanted to wave out of habit. If your wife thinks waving to another Jeeper is bad, how about the fact that I was thinking about a "secret" wave that enabled me to wave even when I am not driving the Jeep... a "I am not driving my Jeep today, but I have one... " wave...
Funny I've commented before about this. I warn people if they get the official "JK Wave" (thanks Toad) out the window of a weathered blue '78 Monte Carlo, please wave back because it is probably me
Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

My girlfriend diddnt get it for a while eather, she mad fun of me for about two weeks. Yesterday we were in her saturn and she waved i asked who was that she said another jeep. I'd say she is coming around. I'm not gonna tell her that she is supposed to be in a jeep to do the wave. So if you see a blue saturn waving at you please wave back she thanks she is in a JEEP
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

My wife always waves and she really loves the "out the side, doorless wave" She gets this shitty grin on her face right before she sticks her hand out the side

As others have stated before there are alot of women in unlimited and TJ & YJ snobs around here who dont wave. The TJ and YJ snobs annoy us more though, the used to give her an eyeroll or a scowl as they went by. But since the winch was added, the same people in the Yj's and TJ's started waving and after the 35's went on, most of them usually give a thumbs up too My wife still refuses to wave to the one guy in the lifted YJ though... he rolled his eyes at her and laughed the first time she waved to him
Old 07-14-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dad thinks it's stupid also. And he owns the Wrangler! I hate him sometimes... So yeah, I'm thinking of taking over his lease, since he wants to go back to a Ram, go figure. That way, when I go to college in september, the Jeep can continue to have the care and attention I give it.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Soccer moms never wave.

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"