Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in KY I've now gotten waves from people not even driving Jeeps.

Cops (yes really)
Women walking dogs
Kids (great!)
And other people in regular cars.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i still try to wave at every one i see, TJ CJ JK anything wrangler-related... when i get waves back i'm so happy but when i dont and it's a stock jeep (most of the time) i just think they are building their jeep up in their mind with 35's a lift and lights
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the looks I get from the soccermoms in jk's, it's like "What the hell is that monstrousity and why is he waving at me?"
Old 06-04-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TommyG
lol harley guys have a hatred for japanese bikes for some reason. they laugh that we wear full helmets and gear. its the whole american freedom thing. i wont ever get it, its like they all think they wont ever fall or experience road rash. funny thing is, when they do fall, then they decide to buy leathers.
I've been riding an oil dropper forever and have never complained about rice droppers. They have always been welcome in my group and on our rides.
Yes we kid each other but all in jest. One of my bros has Honda and wears a shirt which at first glance looks to have a Harley logo with letters in it that reads " If they built a plane would you fly in it" (LOL - We all said no)

I guess my point is everybody is different and everybody has different opinions. Dont give up on the WAVE. I've had my jeep wrangler 22 DAYS now and I'm still looking for my first wave back and yes I miss Jeeps myself.

Living in SoCal waves on a harley mostly happen on a one or two lane street / road. Is it the same for Jeeps?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had commanders try to wave. I return the wave anyways.

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"