Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i was home in august in my town, i got waves almost every where i went from just about every jeeper. i was kinda shocked, i felt great too
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For me it doesn't matter what kind of Jeep they drive. I never get a response or an initial wave.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
For me it doesn't matter what kind of Jeep they drive. I never get a response or an initial wave.
Maybe they smell your negativity coming. I read both of your posts on this page as if you were Eyore from Winnie the Pooh and it was awesome.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why would I care if you think I'm negative?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I never said you did or you should. I am just making an observation. Would you prefer bitter?

The fact is, if you want to keep the wave going then keep waving. If not so be it.

If we, as Jeepers, used to wave and now don't because no one returns or initiates and that gives us bad feelings I think it is too bad and kind of sad, perhaps the wave will die.

On the other hand if we wave to new jeep owners they will eventually get it. There is a Steel Blue Sahara that I see all of the time who now initiates waves after weeks of me waving to him.

When I meet new Jeep owners I always ask them if they know about the wave, often times they don't, and now a lot of them are wavers.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

In Canada....Everybody's friendly!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sully151
I never said you did or you should. I am just making an observation. Would you prefer bitter?

The fact is, if you want to keep the wave going then keep waving. If not so be it.

If we, as Jeepers, used to wave and now don't because no one returns or initiates and that gives us bad feelings I think it is too bad and kind of sad, perhaps the wave will die.

On the other hand if we wave to new jeep owners they will eventually get it. There is a Steel Blue Sahara that I see all of the time who now initiates waves after weeks of me waving to him.

When I meet new Jeep owners I always ask them if they know about the wave, often times they don't, and now a lot of them are wavers.

yep... get the word out to new owners and keep wavin'
Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

saw JK no.3 yesteday, identical to mine but with chrome stock rims - waved and got sweet FA back - never mind, roll on no.4!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brigitta
Hey, hey now......not all of us ladies think their JK is an SUV. In fact many of us ladies bought ourselves our JK's.

I am a mom, I always wave, my kids never played soccer or any other organized school sport because we are too busy jeeping, quading, sandrailing....

I would say 99% of all JK's don't wave, and 99% of those JK's are driven by men. The JK is a whole knew type of Jeep and appeals to a whole new group of people. This new group of people aren't aware of the "wave" so why don't you pass out some Project JK referal cards and get them on the site to get educated.

Maybe you can set up a meet and greet in your area and have a "wave" discussion.

That's what I'm doing in my area right now.
wow ... itd be awesome to live down there ..... i have met only a few other ladies that drive JKs .... up here ... mostly men.

I agree .. if I was staying here longer I would get together a meetup of JK women .. but im moving To S. GA ... might do it there if I see any down there .....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are of the opposite sex and are attractive, expect a wave from me no matter who is driving what. That is, unless I am on a date.

I do wave at all Wranglers though. I get a return wave about 75% of the time, if I had to guess.

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"