Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 09-02-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the DC area (25 miles south of DC) and I get waves back all the time. I think one thing that hasn't been really mentioned on any of the jeep wave threads is that people can see you waving a lot better with the top off or if you actually hold your arm out the window. I always hold my arm out the window and give people the peace sign and I get 75% waves back. However, I don't really care if I get waves back or not, I do it in the friendly jeeper spirit and expect nothing in return.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

where i live i see tj's and jk's all day long it seems and i try to wave at everyone that i notice and if i miss one my girlfriend is there to point it out and remind me to wave. i dont get many wave backs from women or teens and you get that look like WTF from the yuppies with there jeeps closed up tigher then Flippers @$$h0le espeacially when i have the roof and doors off. theres a few around here even have rubis with half doors and there closed up except for the unzipped drivers windows so im sure hes not using the A/C so wtf. I mean sometimes you need some relieve from the heat but i see the some of the same people every day on my commute to and from work and there locked in
Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive had my jeep now for about 2 months and i kind of thought that the wave thing was alittle over the top but after seeing all the jeeps passing and got my first and only wave i thought it was cool and felt good that someone was being nice (not enough nice people in this world) before that i had waved and never got a wave and the guy was right about waving to the women they give you a sneer like your putting the moves on them. I always turn to look at any jeep going down the road so why not wave . I just love jeeps
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have only had mine for about two months and the first wave I ever got was while test driving it. So now I wave at everyone no matter what model or who is driving (male or female) so lets keep it going.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Kinda get upset with the teenagers or kids comments haha, I'm 22 and have had a jeep since before legally old enough to drive (55 willys i miss that thing) And i've always waved, but to go with the flow I've noticed since buying the JK my returned waves have def gone down, esp from mall hoppers, and yuppies who just wanted a jeep to say they had a 4x4. And you ppl from DC, I know your pain I work in NOVA and it's horrible there no waves no love.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default half a peace sign

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Which One?

i
  • was thinking the middle one would always get ya a wave back.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SMP_70
'Bout 50/50 here in Oregon (PDX). Mostly it's the older model Jeeps that will wave. JKs rarely do. Even modded JKs will just stare at you... almost as if they're trying to take stock of what you've done to your Jeep to see if you warrant their acknowledgement. whatevah...
On the east side of the metro area I got about 80% returning waves or waving first when I had the built 05'LJ...
With the stock 4dr it's less for sure, I keep waving though at the CJ's, YJ's, TJ's and JK's...
We just need to keep waving...
The stock JK owners are probably the worst due to ignorance, probably first time Jeep owners and possibly bought the JK to set them apart from the rest of the world beause they are special..
Actually they are part of something that others figured out a long time ago... So keep waving and let the "few" others frown... I think it's funny when they see they are not the only ones on the road. Plus the older Jeeps will eventually appreciate a Jk waving first to honor the older Jeeps and the heritage we honor.
If the older ones don't wave back..? Don't worry it's the Jeep we are waving at again.. They'll eventually wave back..
We have to represent the Jk's who do wave first..
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

i may be a little over enthusiastic on my "waves" as i only come across another Wrangler about once a month!! lol!

apologies to anyone i may inadvertantly surprise with over-enthusiasm lol!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

I always wave to a Wrangler having learned the wave while owning our TJ (we had a Cherokee previous to the TJ). Since getting the JK, I've noticed that most of the Jeepers who don't wave back are driving 4 door JK's and usually are soccer moms. The CEO of our company (a guy) drives a 4 door Rescue Green Sahara. I work nights and when I am leaving in the morning I usually pass him on his way into work. I've waved and waved, now he has no clue who I am, and I never get a wave back. I bet he kills kittens regularly when telling people about his JK. I think this is the problem with no waves, lots of people buying JK's just think it's a family car, not something special like it is.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

I've noticed that 4 door Jeeps driven by women almost never wave back. It must be a Soccer mom/ Hummer syndrome. They must not look at their Jeeps as anything more than an SUV and don't see themselves as part of any Jeep "family". Any guy waving at them (if they even notice them) must be a perv.

I also noticed the more that is removed from my Jeep (top, doors) the higher percentage of returned waves I get.

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"