Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More talk about "the Jeep wave"

Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More talk about "the Jeep wave"

My wife tells me " I don't know why you Jeep guys always wave to each other, it's so stupid".

I try to explain it but it's a Jeep thing and she doesn't understand. She says she wouldn't wave if she drove a Wrangler. SO...I'm wondering how many woman KNOW about the wave and just aren't waving.

Motorcycle riders wave to each other too and Over the years of driving Wranglers I noticed that if your top is down motorcycles will wave to you too.

A side story: July 4th we went to some fireworks. Another JK pulls in and I am about to pull in next to him when a Tahoe pulls inbetween us. About 5 minutes later the JK drives around and parks on the other side of me. We start talking and I hear my wife say to her mother " that's the way Jeep people are, they wave to each other and always talk to each other, they act like they are best friends even though they never met each other".
Old 07-13-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe your wife is jealous?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by StealthAWD
maybe your wife is jealous?
She does tell me when I miss a wave too. Almost making fun of me because I didn't wave back.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 PM
HEK
JK Freak

, I even get waves from FJ Cruissers....go figure....
Old 07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read on the internet. Why someone would berate a group of people simply being nice to each other (especially in such a screwed up worlds as ours) is well beyond me.

Does she also get upset at people who smile at each other or people who give to charity? ;-)

God help us all when we've gotten to the point where the friendly act of waving to someone is "stupid". I mean, no offense to you, brother. This just makes me sad on some level. Sad that she and people like her don't get it.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

not many wranglers over here but when i was in france last week in the JK had loadsa waves from other wranglers and bikers

my gf doesnt get it either, she didnt with my megane cc tho too!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:46 AM
JK Jedi

In my experience, most women don't wave.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

This weekend I was down in Southern Maryland and saw more JKs than ever - but we were in our Honda van! I almost wanted to wave out of habit. If your wife thinks waving to another Jeeper is bad, how about the fact that I was thinking about a "secret" wave that enabled me to wave even when I am not driving the Jeep... a "I am not driving my Jeep today, but I have one... " wave...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Uhm, excuse me? Generalizing much?

In *my* experience, many GUYS won't wave at girls. I often get a scowl as I wave (coupled with an enormous grin because I still adore this aspect of Jeep ownership). Last time I went to pick up Mopar parts a guy waiting for an oil change made some brilliant comment about what this world was coming to now with 'em selling Jeeps to chicks and all.

Doesn't matter which chromosomes you got saddled with, there are assholes on either side. And some even drive Jeeps.

(Can I say asshole on this board?)

ETA: If I had a girly set up or a pink Jeep or something, I would think the scowl would be warranted. But I don't. More stock than I would like but perfectly respectable.

Last edited by Gypsy; 07-14-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunny
Waves sux here in SoCal in the Jeep , I wave to them but they don't wave back. I do however get waves when I ride the Hayabusa , just not from the Harley guys.
lol harley guys have a hatred for japanese bikes for some reason. they laugh that we wear full helmets and gear. its the whole american freedom thing. i wont ever get it, its like they all think they wont ever fall or experience road rash. funny thing is, when they do fall, then they decide to buy leathers.

Quick Reply: More talk about "the Jeep wave"