Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

More Gas Mileage

Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lilting17
Hey guys any pointers on what I can do to get a few more miles to the gallon? Not that I bought the jeep for its gas mileage but I figured if only a couple mpg increase it will be worth it. I was thinking intake and chip? Lmk pls

What gears are you running with your 35's ?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running 4.10's on 35's with no performance mods, unless u consider a k&n air filter a performance mod, 6 speed manual and I pull 18-24 on the highway, and 17-20 in town. I tend to drive fairly aggressive too. What's there not to love? Guess I'm lucky but I drive my jeep a minimum of 80 miles a day and have zero complaints about fuel economy. If I wanted better I wouldn't of bought a jeep!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
Driving style will bring the most bang for the buck in MPG. Cost = $0.00

Do a test. Track your mpg over a tank of gas while driving heavy on the skinny pedal. Drive it like you stole it. Then track MPG over another tank while going easy on the skinny pedal. If your Jeep has one keep an eye on the ECO light on the dash. Go easy on the acceleration from a dead stop. Coast up to lights and stop signs. Don't use cruise control. I find it rev's higher than necessary.

Report back your results. I can easily get 14 mpg by abusing the skinny pedal. Back to 18 by going easy on it.
Good advice, my only change to this would be if you have a manual, use cruise as much as possible to keep RPM's low and steady. Auto's though could cause you to be in a lower gear that really is not needed at times (i.e. short inclines that might have you briefly drop 5-7).

Quick Reply: More Gas Mileage