Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Sun Bonnet Owners

Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More bullshit none of us should have to put up with. Sorry to hear you're the latest victim. Good luck in your pissing match.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKid25
What's the differences in the versions? Looks like the hardtop version has a body attachment instead of hooking it in the frames above the doors. Is that the only difference? If so why did you get the second one? Inquiring minds want to know. ...
The hardtop version attaches with large Velcro panels around the roll bar above the driver and passenger. The softtop version attaches with the door frames. The latter provides a more weather tight seal.

I bought the softop a year after buying the hardtop version of the Sunbonnet--so replaced the Sunbonnet with the softtop version to get the weather tightness benefits (it's still open in the back on the four doors).
Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Anyone have a part # for this part cuz I am looking for it and I didn't know whether or no to get that or the bestop one. Does this also work with the door surrounds too ? Do you have any other pics of it on completely ?
If you own the door surrounds, then make certain you order the softtop version of the Sunbonnet. And, there are plenty of threads about Bestop versus Mopar Sunbonnet. Bottom line, spend the extra hundred bucks or so and get the Mopar. Much fewer complaints about quality, flapping, leaking, etc.

One of many threads: Best Safari Top
Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by doubleusn
Not to thread jack, but what seat covers do you have on in this pic... any more pics?...
PM sent to you.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The hardtop version attaches with large Velcro panels around the roll bar above the driver and passenger. The softtop version attaches with the door frames. The latter provides a more weather tight seal.

I bought the softop a year after buying the hardtop version of the Sunbonnet--so replaced the Sunbonnet with the softtop version to get the weather tightness benefits (it's still open in the back on the four doors).
Thanks Mark!!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

The 2 part #'s you put up there one is like !&) bucks and is on back order and the other is like 275 or so and it is available, are the part #'s you have are they correct or from like quadratec ? Where did you get the part #'s from so I can see maybe there is some sort of explanation of the 2 ?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have done some further investigating and the part #'s are from mopar and are for the unlimited not the 2 dr. The 2 door part #'s are
Soft Top - 82209927 $238.00
Hard Top- 82209928 $254.00
I don't know if I was quick to jump at the info being incorrct if it wasn't intended for me.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
I have done some further investigating and the part #'s are from mopar and are for the unlimited not the 2 dr. The 2 door part #'s are
Soft Top - 82209927 $238.00
Hard Top- 82209928 $254.00
I don't know if I was quick to jump at the info being incorrct if it wasn't intended for me.
Sorry, didn't know you where looking for the 2 door part numbers. Now that I have a 4 door, I just assume everyone else does too.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default Experienced Similar Issue with Sun Bonnet

POTO,
Did you ever get your issue resolved? I did the samething you did. I ordered the Sun Bonnet with the Mopar bucks and it did not have the header bar either. I did the same research you did and went back to the dealer and showed them the pictures from this post and the exchanged it for the correct one.

Best of Luck on dealing the Mopar.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

So, does this Mopar one require the plastic door frames to be installed? I got the bestop one when it first came out and it sucks (at least without the frames). It needs to be retightened every time you drive it.

Quick Reply: Mopar Sun Bonnet Owners