Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Sun Bonnet Owners

Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Sun Bonnet Owners

I need some help. Just bought a '10 Rescue Green Unlimit. Mountain Edition, and of course I got the $500 Mopar Bucks. I decided to go with the sun bonnet after reading everywhere that it came with the header bar already attached. Quick inspection at the dealer, which is 2+ hours from the house, showed everything in order but guess it wasn't thorough enough because I forgot to check to make sure the header was there. So I go to put it on the next day and that's when I noticed, NO HEADER BAR. Lots of and followed. Call the parts/accessories dept. and get a "I'll have to call you back." After 2 calls back from the dealership, it comes down to him telling me I wasn't suppose to get the Header Bar, but he's going to do more checking and get back to me. I told him "if that's the case, I just wasted $275 on a black tarp with some nylon straps sown to it. I don't think so!" That was late Mon. afternoon, haven't heard since.

I need all those with the sun bonnet to post up and just let me know if the header bar was attached to your sun bonnet. If you could post up the model year of your jeep and whether is was the hard top/soft top version sun bonnet, that would also be helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

The Mopar Sunbonnet for my '07 came with the header bar attached. It is not removable, in fact. Are you certain that they didn't sub in the Bestop version somehow? If so, go get the Mopar version (yes, it's more, but owners of it are much happier). Here are a couple pics from an '07 version ...

BTW: Bestop does make the Mopar Sunbonnet. Also, the one in the pictures is the hardtop version, but I now own the softtop version and the header bar is virtually identical on both.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

You might compare these install directions with the version that you received ...

Mopar 82210544 Install Instructions on Quadratec Website
Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine came with the Header attached on my '09 2-Dr!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 07-14-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The Mopar Sunbonnet for my '07 came with the header bar attached. It is not removable, in fact. Are you certain that they didn't sub in the Bestop version somehow? If so, go get the Mopar version (yes, it's more, but owners of it are much happier). Here are a couple pics from an '07 version ...

BTW: Bestop does make the Mopar Sunbonnet. Also, the one in the pictures is the hardtop version, but I now own the softtop version and the header bar is virtually identical on both.
What's the differences in the versions? Looks like the hardtop version has a body attachment instead of hooking it in the frames above the doors. Is that the only difference? If so why did you get the second one? Inquiring minds want to know.

I really want to get one of these b/c it's too hot in the summer to keep the top off. Love having the doors on and top up b/c it does give you the open wind without the sun beating you down!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Not to thread jack, but what seat covers do you have on in this pic... any more pics?

Thanks
-wsn
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have a part # for this part cuz I am looking for it and I didn't know whether or no to get that or the bestop one. Does this also work with the door surrounds too ? Do you have any other pics of it on completely ?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubleusn
Not to thread jack, but what seat covers do you have on in this pic... any more pics?

Thanks
-wsn
But ya did.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

After calling them back, still checking. Around 3 they call me back and tell me again that Mopar says that the sun bonnet for the hard top is not suppose to come with a header bar. He asks what I want to do. I ask if I can return it. No can do. Mopar doesn't take returns on any soft tops. Tell him I'll let him know.
Check this thread, cross reference part numbers and everything points to this is suppose to have a header bar.
Call him back and tell him I'll be returning the defective top. And the pissing match starts. I pointed out all the crossreferencing and fact checking I've done and the only thing he can say is "mopar says". Guess I got to take it to the next level, to mopar. This is gonna suck.
I'm starting to think it's chrysler's, along with their dealerships, mission is to piss off the most loyal customers base in the auto industry.

By the way, stay away from MotorWorld Jeep in Wilkes Barre, their accessories dept. is a joke.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Anyone have a part # for this part cuz I am looking for it and I didn't know whether or no to get that or the bestop one. Does this also work with the door surrounds too ? Do you have any other pics of it on completely ?
Hard top version #82210542
Soft top version #82210544

Quick Reply: Mopar Sun Bonnet Owners