Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment

Old 10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to hear about the packaging, but I'm glad they worked out a deal for you. I bought our rear Mopar bumper from a dealership for about $100. The joys of the Jeep Credit card. I'm saving up points for the tire carrier now.

BTW - I do not condone frivolous credit card spending.....spend responsibly!

I'm glad I didn't see this thread before, I would have panicked and went a different route. We've had no problems with ours. The tow rings on the back have scratched paint. I wonder what I backed into?!

Last edited by TarboJK; 10-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

I have the front and rear Mopar Off-Road bumpers. Front was in good shape, but the rear had some scratches & rub throughs due to the poor packaging (I am guessing). It was annoying, but not so much for me to demand a replacement.

Was anyone disappointed with the welding job on the bumper? Mine looks like it was done by the new guy on one side of the assembly line, just big ugly welds. Not a big deal (I am sure it will still work just fine!), but I am just curious if more were like this. Also, the rear shackle mounts are different on each side, one is rectangular with rounded corners, and one is more half-round shaped. (???)

Still looks way better than stock and was my favorite look from all of the aftermarket bumpers (with the exception of AEV).
Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TarboJK
Sucks to hear about the packaging, but I'm glad they worked out a deal for you. I bought our rear Mopar bumper from a dealership for about $100. The joys of the Jeep Credit card. I'm saving up points for the tire carrier now.

BTW - I do not condone frivolous credit card spending.....spend responsibly!

I'm glad I didn't see this thread before, I would have panicked and went a different route. We've had no problems with ours. The tow rings on the back have scratched paint. I wonder what I backed into?!
jeep credit card? Please, tell more....
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HarryBallz
I have the front and rear Mopar Off-Road bumpers. Front was in good shape, but the rear had some scratches & rub throughs due to the poor packaging (I am guessing). It was annoying, but not so much for me to demand a replacement.

Was anyone disappointed with the welding job on the bumper? Mine looks like it was done by the new guy on one side of the assembly line, just big ugly welds. Not a big deal (I am sure it will still work just fine!), but I am just curious if more were like this. Also, the rear shackle mounts are different on each side, one is rectangular with rounded corners, and one is more half-round shaped. (???)

Still looks way better than stock and was my favorite look from all of the aftermarket bumpers (with the exception of AEV).
Mine came shipped just fine and I too got them because they were my favorite look, even though they were more expensive. I do wish the rear shackle mounts were more beefy, but I don't use them anyways so can't complain.

Man I need a winch sitting in the front, it looks awkward right now.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine when they first came out (w/o fog light holes). Both were in perfect condition and even after 4 wheelin they still do not have any scratches or dings. I have been impressed.
Maybe the same people that have been doing the baby formula is doing the bumpers now???
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SBlair
I got mine when they first came out (w/o fog light holes). Both were in perfect condition and even after 4 wheelin they still do not have any scratches or dings. I have been impressed.
Maybe the same people that have been doing the baby formula is doing the bumpers now???
I wonder how many people will catch and understand your baby formula reference.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ben
Mine came shipped just fine and I too got them because they were my favorite look, even though they were more expensive. I do wish the rear shackle mounts were more beefy, but I don't use them anyways so can't complain.

Man I need a winch sitting in the front, it looks awkward right now.

OK, glad to see that I am not the only one with the gaping hole waiting for a winch!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I worry about Mopar products
Old 10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

When I went to pick mine up, the tabs on the rear bumper were beat up bad. I took a file and smoothed out the deep gouges, then sanded them smooth. A little flat black rust o leum and it looked good as new. It is an offroad bumper and is going to get scratched.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mopar Bumper Dissapointment

You know I mounted my bumpers and I really like the way they fit the vehicle so well. The only thing other than what I started this thread about is that you have to drill for all the light mounts, there are no holes for any kind of lights only holes are for the liscense plate and not even for the factory plate mount, and all the way over to the driver side. Now i need to find that plastic shroud that goes behind the factory bumper which I never had when I purchased my rig.

Quick Reply: Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment