Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment

Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know your jeep well enough to see it like that
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review. That's why I like this site. Great feedback.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isnt that the Lemur from MadaJeepgar?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mopar Bumper Dissapointment

Here is the final out come to the bumpers I took the afternoon off yesterday and went to the dealer yesterday to pick up and return the bumpers, they cut me a sweet deal that I could not refuse on the front bumper and an awesome deal on the rear bumper cost plus tax on both. So I took them. Also I am not bothered about scratches I am talking about some serious missing chunks of coating on the bumpers which they (dealer) says has to do with 1 the improper packaging and shipping of the bumpers which I have first hand of. We checked over 10 bumpers at the dealership and the only thing that there is for shipping to protect the bumpers is the box and the front bumpers get a 18'x18' piece of thin foam sheet on the corners nothing else so when they get banged around dropped they break through the cardboard and well you know the rest. 2 was that supposedly steel is cheaper in China as I was told and the bumpers are made and coated over there which explains why the coating is falling off so easy. HERE COMES LINEX OR RHINO LINING !!!!!!!!!!
If some how I am able to figure out how to do pics I will send pics of the final install.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How to Post Pics on the Bulletin Board
Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Ben
JK Freak

I bought my mopar offroad bumpers because they were my favorite looking ones, (and still are,) but two real big dissapointments. The first is that on the rear the eyes for the shackles are really narrow (read weak,) and standard sized shackles look goofy. The second is that on the front, they have these stupid plastic pieces to cover the crush cans. In all the pictures I have seen on this site and in the magazines, I had never noticed. In fact you wouldn't notice unless you saw one in person, but the problem is that if you break the plastic crush can, you can't just buythat part as a replacement and I am always a little protective of them, don't want to break em and have to buy a whole new bumper!

But overall I like them a whole lot, they are my favorite looking ones and this front one will look a whole lot better once the warn 9.5 ti is sitting in that big gaping hole...
Old 10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
The second is that on the front, they have these stupid plastic pieces to cover the crush cans. In all the pictures I have seen on this site and in the magazines, I had never noticed. In fact you wouldn't notice unless you saw one in person, but the problem is that if you break the plastic crush can, you can't just buythat part as a replacement and I am always a little protective of them, don't want to break em and have to buy a whole new bumper!

But overall I like them a whole lot, they are my favorite looking ones and this front one will look a whole lot better once the warn 9.5 ti is sitting in that big gaping hole...
According to the parts catalog they're available separately, p/n 68031424AA
Old 10-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Ben
JK Freak

thanks guys, I learn something new every day!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow.. That is surprising but great info. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
What a set of headlights!
looks like the old movies where someone rips the face off of a robot.... SCARY!!!

Quick Reply: Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment