Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment

Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment

Hi guys I had the chrome bling on my rig when I bought it and since I am a city dweller and did not plan on doing much of any serious 4wheelin then I was ok with the look.
Which now gives me the chance to go out and buy the Mopar off road bumper that seemed to be on a severe back order, well I found a stealership which I don't know if I should mention their name but........ They were holding the bumpers front and rear for Quadratec and so they decided that they would make an exception and sell a pair to me. The stealership is about 3 hours away from me and when I brought the bumpers home to no avail the the coating on the bumper was flaking off, what a piece of junk. So stealership says bring it back and we will exchange with another one that they have and after checking all the bumpers that they have 2 out of the 3 are in the same condition. Either the company that is making and or coating or even both just suck or the shipping company they are using sucks bad but this is the second bumper that I have purchased from the stealership and same has happened. So beware all those that have been waiting for this bumper you too may be dissapointed.

Last edited by Easyryder01; 05-08-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I have one on order also, first one came in damaged, they sent it back, still waiting on the second one. Hmm this may be a problem with the manufacturer.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

I've had no problems with mine, ordered mine in late December though. Installed in early Jan.

Hell, just run with this set up.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnyak
I've had no problems with mine, ordered mine in late December though. Installed in early Jan.

AAHHHHH!....SHE'S NAKED
Old 09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnyak

What a set of headlights!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment

I am going on Saturday to pick up the other bumpers and the stealership claims that they are reducing the price on bothe bumpers for my inconvienience, and the bumpers that they have they have gone through the boxes of each one and they took out the one with no damage or the least damage who knows. It just sucks how much time is wasted in the traveling alone. Just like jrtjk said maybe I should have them reduce the price some more and have it linex or rhinolined ?I wonder how much that costs. I will keep you guys posted on the out come on Saturday.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

that look hideous, please put some thing on
Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when mine came it was all banged up as well.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when I bought mine I looked around at different ones at the dealership, they all had at least a few scratches, I tried to get the better one, but I didn't think it was a big deal as i knew I would have to touch it up either way. I really don't understand the complaints about this, anybody that has ever bought a black steel bumper knows that you have to do touch ups here and there. steel bumpers are for off road use and they serve that purpose. If you don't want to deal with this, stick to plastic that looks good and shiny with armor all. there is no off road steel bumper in the world that does not scratch. I know some would say its new it shouldn't have scratches, well it does.

Quick Reply: Mopar Off-Road Bumper..Diapointment