Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Lift will NOT void warranty

Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mopar Lift will NOT void warranty

I know this will make some angry (those who insist mopar lifts void waranty) but I have it in writing from dealer service manager

The installation of Mopar accessories has no impact on the vehicle warranty. Mopar accessories also carry the 3year 36,000 mile warranty.
Thanks
xxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:21 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Welcome from the xxxxxxxx Service Department

Thanks for the quote xxxxx. Can you address my primary question about the vehicle warranty retention as well?

Thanks

xxxxxxx

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: Welcome from the xxxxxxxxxxxxx Service Department

Hi Mr. xxxx,

The quote for your requested lift kit..Parts and labor $2.050.00 plus tax. This is for the non performance kit.

Bilstein high performance lift kit is an additional $260.00.

I would need your Wrangler for two business days.

Thanks,

xxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:14 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Welcome from the xxxxxxxxxx Service Department

xxxxxxxxxx,

I am writing in hope you can respond with an answer. I did not get much help from the service tech or the warranty person on the question I have regarding my 2011 Wrangler.

I would like to have your dealership add the 2inch Mopar lift to my 2011 Wrangler I purchased at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Since the lift is sold by Chrysler and installed by a Chrysler dealer, I would expect I should not have any problems with any warranty work.

Please confirm that this is the case and give me a quote on the 2inch lift total cost installed.

Thank you for your time

xxxxxxxx
Old 06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It varies from dealer to dealer. I have gotten both from various dealers when I asked this same question. Some would put it in writing for me but that means I need to take it to that dealer for it to be honored and would have no guarantee that another dealer would honor the same agreement.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same experience as Speed. At the new york auto show. I was talking with the mopar guys who were showing a big bad lifted jeep. I mentioned something about warranty void and they told me that buying from mopar allows you to keep the warranty (although they dont put a warranty on the new parts they intsall which is BS in my opinion) I would prolly go this way if it wasnt so damn expensive
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So if its not from the service tech or warranty writer, what good is it? I could write the same thing to you in an email and it would be worth just about as much.

If they'll warranty it though, id go for the 4". Be aware that this letter has no bearing on how a dealer you use during a road treats you.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

my dealer said don't go over 3" and you're good no matter the brand or who does it. He was also suprisingly cool with my transfer case swap, gears, and lockers...just lucky I guess Depends where you go
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jhb26len
(although they dont put a warranty on the new parts they intsall which is BS in my opinion)
from his email
Mopar accessories also carry the 3year 36,000 mile warranty.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
So if its not from the service tech or warranty writer, what good is it? I could write the same thing to you in an email and it would be worth just about as
This is from the Service manager at the dealer
Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

$2000 for a 2" lift sounds high to me. I paid less than $500 for my Teraflex coil lift at 2.5". My dealer said to keep it at 2.5" and you'll stay in warranty. Here's hoping they stand by it if and when I need it...
Old 06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this from Chrysler? Or just your dealer? I can just about guarantee if you brokedown 500m from home, another dealer wouldn't honor it.
Besides, whomever you wrote would prolly be fired and or reprimanded for what he put down because it negates what's already been put into print on Mopar Performance parts. Remember, all they have to say is he don't work here anymore.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There is a difference between 'accessories' and 'performance parts'. A CAI or a Lift would be a performance part, not an accessory.

Go back to the dealership, jump on one of their computers, go out to the MoparPerformance site, bring up the warranty area that states that all 'performance' parts are sold As Is, ---> and ask him to explain the discrepancy.

IV. PARTS SOLD “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY
a. MOPAR Gaskets and Seals are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
b. MOPAR Performance Parts (all parts shown by a MOPAR part number beginning with the letter “P”) are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
For every part sold “AS IS”, the purchaser assumes the entire risk of loss , damage or breakage. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the purchaser and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Here is a link. Note the 'P' in the part number for all of the lifts. The Warranty area is linked at the top right, where it says 'warranty'.
hxxp://jeepparts.mopar.com/jeep/wrangler-accessories.html

As noted above, the dealership may honor a warranty for parts they install, but it is not necessarily your factory warranty, and likely will not be honored at any other dealership.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Mopar Lift will NOT void warranty