Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

mopar half door BS WTF

Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by runforestrun
This is why I love this forum!!!!!!! Thanks for the great info!!!!!!
He is being sarcastic, he said that so you would stop.
I ripped on Quadtratec in another post, and Joe explained my order for me. As other(s) have stated, they just sell the product.
If one is not happy with a retailer, tear the shit out of them...... this forum will more than likely get an answer for you from said retailer.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quadratec

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and I can't help but wonder...... I have had mixed results when dealing with Quadratec. My biggest complaint was not an error in my order (hey, stuff happens), but the poor customer service when trying to remedy the mistake. I (reluctantly) understand the miscommunication about the hardware not being included. Honestly, I would have assumed it would be too. But to terminate the conversation/communication when a customer has a question about his order is unacceptable. No?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to completely change the subject but I'm really interested in putting on half doors and was wondering what you guys do for uppers ?!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rizzosmith
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and I can't help but wonder...... I have had mixed results when dealing with Quadratec. My biggest complaint was not an error in my order (hey, stuff happens), but the poor customer service when trying to remedy the mistake. I (reluctantly) understand the miscommunication about the hardware not being included. Honestly, I would have assumed it would be too. But to terminate the conversation/communication when a customer has a question about his order is unacceptable. No?
I apologize about the chat session being disconnected. They are set to automatically time out after a certain period of time without any activity. It is possible that this happened if the chat was kept open but the operator and yourself were not speaking for that length of time. If you entered an email address, the chat should have been emailed over after it was ended and would have been given a ticket code for tracking. Do you have this code? I can pull up the chat and check to see why is was disconnected for you.

-Joe
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quadratec
I apologize about the chat session being disconnected. They are set to automatically time out after a certain period of time without any activity. It is possible that this happened if the chat was kept open but the operator and yourself were not speaking for that length of time. If you entered an email address, the chat should have been emailed over after it was ended and would have been given a ticket code for tracking. Do you have this code? I can pull up the chat and check to see why is was disconnected for you.

-Joe
Hey Joe, Thanks for stepping in. My chat code was - Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK496025926156X, and my last question, if you look at orig post on page 1, was not answered and I did
feel like I was left hanging. Not cool after spending $1500 on doors and countless thousands since i became one of your customers back in 2004. I did not get an email of my chat either.
While I have your attention, QT does not inform customers that there are no bolts to attach side mirrors in teh kit or with the mopar mirrors. This is a mopar problem that should be conveyed to the customer so we can
factor in price/ time to retrieve bolts.

Thanks

Graham

Originally Posted by wired
He is being sarcastic, he said that so you would stop.
I ripped on Quadtratec in another post, and Joe explained my order for me. As other(s) have stated, they just sell the product.
If one is not happy with a retailer, tear the shit out of them...... this forum will more than likely get an answer for you from said retailer.

Actually I was not being sarcastic. I was happy that a forum member quickly directed me to teh solution for my problem. Mopar should include these
bolts in either the "Kit" or with mirror replacements, and Quadratec should make it aware to customer that they need to be purchased separately.
To me, they are both wrong and need to fix this...

here are some poor pics for the time being
http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=IMG_1552.jpg
http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=IMG_1551.jpg
http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=IMG_1549.jpg

sorry for link but having problems with linking from photobucket.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've checked the transcript and do not show that the operator terminated this on his own. I am not sure why it disconnected, unless there was a problem between both of our server connections. I can understand your frustration regarding the bolts not being stated as being "not included". I have reviewed the page as well, and the parts included section does not list the bolts as apart of the hardware package. I can see how the absence of the words, however, could still make someone assume differently. I'll get in contact with my product manager to hopefully have this amended.

Seeing as that these are factory Mopar pieces, I believe their intentions were to sell them as replacement parts for someone that already owned them originally. I.E. if you were offroading and ripped the mirror off, the factory hardware would be there for you to reuse. Same with the doors if you were in an accident, or something of the like. Those are just my thoughts though on their intentions, so don't hold me to that 100%!

I've got one of my colleagues contacting our Mopar dealer to see if we can start selling those bolts individually. We sell the TJ bolts, can't see why they wouldn't allow us to sell the JK ones!

-Joe

Originally Posted by runforestrun
Hey Joe, Thanks for stepping in. My chat code was - Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK496025926156X, and my last question, if you look at orig post on page 1, was not answered and I did
feel like I was left hanging. Not cool after spending $1500 on doors and countless thousands since i became one of your customers back in 2004. I did not get an email of my chat either.
While I have your attention, QT does not inform customers that there are no bolts to attach side mirrors in teh kit or with the mopar mirrors. This is a mopar problem that should be conveyed to the customer so we can
factor in price/ time to retrieve bolts.

Thanks

Graham

Actually I was not being sarcastic. I was happy that a forum member quickly directed me to teh solution for my problem. Mopar should include these
bolts in either the "Kit" or with mirror replacements, and Quadratec should make it aware to customer that they need to be purchased separately.
To me, they are both wrong and need to fix this...

Quick Reply: mopar half door BS WTF