Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

mopar half door BS WTF

Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mopar half door BS WTF

Purchasd from quadratec

You are now chatting with 'Dave S'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK496025926156X
Dave S: Hello. How may I assist you?
graham: hey dave, picked up mopar half door kit and replacement mirrors. no bolts to bolt on mirrors in 1/2 door kit or mirror replacements?
graham: Are they not supplied or are they missing?
Dave S: they are not included in the kit,
graham: For $ 1,500 i don't get bolts to attach mirrors. Where do I get these?
Dave S: you would have to go to a dealer we do not carry them
graham: I did not see this info anywhere before my purchase, did I just miss this on your site?

chat ended and timed out with no response.

WTF
Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like you should have done some more reasearch before you purchased. But it can easily be remidied by just going to your local hardware store and buying acouple bolts. You cant really be upset at Quadratec, they didnt design the Mopar kit, they just sell it.

Have a beer and everything will be OK.

PS
Which replacement mirrors did you buy? I know the HighRock 4x4 Replacement Mirrors dont come with extra bolts either and specifically state to reuse the stock bolts. "Use a T40 Torx driver to remove the two (2) bolts that secure each of the old mirrors. Set the bolts aside to install the HighRock 4x4™ Replacement Mirrors."

Also the Mopar Replacement Mirros state "OE Mirror Sleaves Must Be Reused."

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-that I am sorry I am not trying to rip on them at all, but that is why I dont go to them.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called my local dealer for you. The bolts you need are M8x50mm.

You can pick some up at Lowes. They are $4.29 for 12 of them. If that is too expensive, go to your local Post Office and you can get a Mover's Coupon in the change of address packet.... dropping the price to $3.86. If that is still too much, PM your paypal and I will send you the $3.86.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_136867-37672...olt&facetInfo=
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default thanks!!!

This is why I love this forum!!!!!!! Thanks for the great info!!!!!!

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee

You can pick some up at Lowes. They are $4.29 for 12 of them. If that is too expensive, go to your local Post Office and you can get a Mover's Coupon in the change of address packet.... dropping the price to $3.86. If that is still too much, PM your paypal and I will send you the $3.86.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not mad at Quadratec, but I did do lots of research for months, you don't find this out til you make purchase and find things are missing.

The replacement mirrors are MOPAR mirrors, so $220 for mirrors with no bolts and $1250 for door "Kit" with no bolts.

Sounds like you should have done some more reasearch before you purchased. But it can easily be remidied by just going to your local hardware store and buying acouple bolts. You cant really be upset at Quadratec, they didnt design the Mopar kit, they just sell it.

Have a beer and everything will be OK.

PS
Which replacement mirrors did you buy? I know the HighRock 4x4 Replacement Mirrors dont come with extra bolts either and specifically state to reuse the stock bolts. "Use a T40 Torx driver to remove the two (2) bolts that secure each of the old mirrors. Set the bolts aside to install the HighRock 4x4™ Replacement Mirrors."

Also the Mopar Replacement Mirros state "OE Mirror Sleaves Must Be Reused."
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not the price I am mad about but annoyed about how lame this is...

Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

for that much they damn well should include everything.

dear lord. I ain't never gonna get half doors @ that price.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Gotta applaud you for being a first class jeeper. I really enjoy being on forums with people like dis guy
Old 01-05-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can definatly understand your frustration. I would hate to come out of pocket that much only to find out they cheaped out on 4 bolts. But I hope you get them mounted soon. Put up a picture when your done.

I do have to ask though, why not just save the money and swap the mirror from your full doors to half doors?

Quick Reply: mopar half door BS WTF