Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar 4 1/2" suspension lift.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I think it comes with new driveshafts too front and rear. That makes the price seem a little better, but I would rather get a 4" short arm kit for less.
According to the Brochure - it comes with springs, bumpstops, rear sway bar link extension, and front sway bar disconnects. Thats all it says. No driveshafts. But in the picture it looks like it has new everything in the front.

Last edited by britjk; 11-20-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by britjk
I just picked up a 2009 Accessories brochure at the Stealership and there is a 4 1/2" lift kit in there. Anyone know who makes it? The coils are blue in color.
That kit in the picture is for the Dodge Ram.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
That kit in the picture is for the Dodge Ram.
I highly doubt it - it's on a JK - fully flexed.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by britjk
According to the Brochure - it comes with springs, bumpstops, rear sway bar link extension, and front sway bar disconnects. Thats all it says. No driveshafts. But in the picture it looks like it has new everything in the front.
Here is the Mopar description. Makes it seem more affordable for a long arm, but for the JK you are fine without the long arms.
The Mopar Performance Jeep Wrangler JK 4.5" suspension is designed to create enough under-vehicle space for massive 37" tires to operate inside the Wrangler’s fender openings. The kit is designed to fit any 2007-2008 4-door model from the X to the Rubicon. The 4-door kit comes complete with every part needed to bring your vehicle to the next level of performance including long-arm control arms, u-joint driveshafts and specially-tuned Bilstein shocks. Mopar's new Trail initiative brings a wide array of driveline and suspension upgrades for the hot-selling 2-and 4-door Wranglers!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

I too saw the kit for sale and asked the dealer if it voided my warantee. He said if it's Mopar it doesn't void the warantee. Great! but I think I want it in writing from a Chrysler rep.. not a dealer. If my lifetime warantee stayed in effect I'd spend the money without a second thought.

I have a funny feeling about the tranny... and I don't really trust the v6 like I did the 4.0l of the past... I'd like to keep my warantee if I could.

On the other hand, I don't think the guys in the bays where I got my Rubi are familiar with lifts. Seems they are more of the "just replace that part" kind of guys. Nothing wrong with that, but.... hmmm. And if they don't install it nobody else can (and I might as well do it outside the dealership). My concern is the weld positions... the welds themselves.. I don't know.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

obviously they know we mod out our jeeps. but $4500 for a lift? holyy crap
Old 11-22-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

It is the Rubicon Express lift...do yourself a favor, and pay WAY less for it from a lift company or vendor.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JulianK
...if it's not cevered under warranty what's the point of getting it form the dealer......oh, I get it. There IS no point!!!!
Can anyone say STEALERSHIP!

stealership (n): a car dealership that has prices for the common working man.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
obviously they know we mod out our jeeps. but $4500 for a lift? holyy crap
Well list price from RE for a 4-door 4.5'' long arm is $3,300 and $350ea. for driveshafts and I dont think it comes with shocks, so through the cost of shocks in there and that should be close to make up the differnece for them to install it! I would pay $500 more for full factory warranty, if I wanted to go that big and had a 4-door!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
I would pay $500 more for full factory warranty, if I wanted to go that big and had a 4-door!
I would too, but it doesn't keep the warranty any more than installing any other lift on your own. This kit is under the Mopar Performance line, and none of the items carry any warranty other than the product will be free from manufacturing defects for 1 year. There are other lifts out there with better warranties than that.

Quick Reply: Mopar 4 1/2" suspension lift.