Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Modifications that you wish You did NOT do.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxjk
To the guys that had the 2.5 BB when u lifted it higher to say a 4" did you have to mess with the driveshafts? And do you have a 2 or 4 door.
Thanks
I'm looking to go higher
I have a 2dr and I upgraded to trailmaster drive shafts shortly after i went to the 4". My rear drive shaft didn't make it very long.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Anything made by rugged ridge is a good start. It was said earlier don't compromise for cheaper parts because you'll just end up replacing it anyways...
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs down Mods that I almost did...but still purchased= IDIOT

#1- Daystar 1.5" front coil spacers to level jeep. Never installed, still in box.

#2- Spider Trax wheel spacers to convert from 5x5 pattern to 5x5.5 so I could run my Walker Evans beadlocks and 40" MTR/K's on my stock D44's until my ProRock 60 upgrade happened. Used the spacers once for 10 minutes, the 5 min drive to Discount Tire to get tires balance, the 5 minute drive back home. Immediately put my 35''s back on, 40"s on stock brakes and axles felt really unsafe!

#3- Teraflex tie rod/drag link flip kit. I had the death wobbles that death wobbles aspire to be, freaking scarey!! This was one of the remedies I bought to fix the DW. Never installed, instead the timing on the calender and my checking account aligned and I dropped the rig off at Offroad Evolution for my big ticket upgrades in signature block below.

#4- Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper. Loved when I saw it for the first time, still love it. Its sitting in the garage next to the three items above. never installed it because I became a bigger fan of no bumper and to install there is a major amount of trimming of the rear frame crossbrace (where the 2" receiver hitch bolts), which would have affected my rear EVO Lever coilover susupension because it is also welded to the same rear crossmember. So the EVO lever won the argument.

Bottom line: I need to do some posting in the "for sale" section someday.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
#1- Daystar 1.5" front coil spacers to level jeep. Never installed, still in box.

#2- Spider Trax wheel spacers to convert from 5x5 pattern to 5x5.5 so I could run my Walker Evans beadlocks and 40" MTR/K's on my stock D44's until my ProRock 60 upgrade happened. Used the spacers once for 10 minutes, the 5 min drive to Discount Tire to get tires balance, the 5 minute drive back home. Immediately put my 35''s back on, 40"s on stock brakes and axles felt really unsafe!

#3- Teraflex tie rod/drag link flip kit. I had the death wobbles that death wobbles aspire to be, freaking scarey!! This was one of the remedies I bought to fix the DW. Never installed, instead the timing on the calender and my checking account aligned and I dropped the rig off at Offroad Evolution for my big ticket upgrades in signature block below.

#4- Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper. Loved when I saw it for the first time, still love it. Its sitting in the garage next to the three items above. never installed it because I became a bigger fan of no bumper and to install there is a major amount of trimming of the rear frame crossbrace (where the 2" receiver hitch bolts), which would have affected my rear EVO Lever coilover susupension because it is also welded to the same rear crossmember. So the EVO lever won the argument.

Bottom line: I need to do some posting in the "for sale" section someday.
I wish you were closer that's the rear bumper/carrier that I'm saving for.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Bushwhacker flat flares. Never seem to fit properly and the adhesive/rubber strip is pulling away from the body since install six months ago. Total waste of money IMO. Should have kept the factory flares.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish AEV would have had the 6 speed manual conversion ironed out back in 09 when I got rid of the 3.8.

A stick would be more fun.

I never got around to pulling the clutch peddle though, so i guess I can pretend.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

You have all helped this NEWBIE out with your recommendations/ and regrets.

Here is another one: Bought RR driving lights for the RR light bar on the factory bumper...... Wish I had bought the HID lights. Almost hit a deer last night. (Now I know that my breaks work GREAT) More light is better!!! and the damage a deer would have made is way more than the difference in lights..
Old 11-01-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SC02010
Anything made by rugged ridge is a good start. It was said earlier don't compromise for cheaper parts because you'll just end up replacing it anyways...

if you want to replace parts buy rugged ridge parts and then try to really *use* them.

to the average, unsuspecting, mall crawling JK owner they look fine. take them out and put them through their paces and see what you get....

things i wish i hadn't done:

buy a JK....

should have gotten another TJ, 4.0 FTW!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rampage Hi-Lift mount...........JUNK.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RE 2" BB. what a freakin waste of money. It was only on briefly until i went to a full 3" coil lift.

CAI. - dont need it, marginal performance gains at best.

Skids. needed them at the time but now they are just adding weight i dont need to be hauling around. (oil & tranny pan replacement would have been a smarter choice for my uses.)

Quick Reply: Modifications that you wish You did NOT do.