Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Modifications that you wish You did NOT do.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler
How's that working? Ready to go bigger yet? Just wondering...
You sir will be the first to know! It's back to my wheeling only vehicle so you never know!! I need to keep up with Captn Pablo now!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spanishgoose
You sir will be the first to know! It's back to my wheeling only vehicle so you never know!! I need to keep up with Captn Pablo now!

You need to get to Dallas, son! We got drinking to do!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Hella 4000 lights on the bumper. They are HID and they work really well. I upgraded the jeeps crappy headlights to Hella H4's with a harness straight to the battery instead of the Jeep CANBUS. Huge improvement and now I don't really need the HID with 80/100 bulbs in the headlights. If I were to do it again I'd replace the headlights as the first mod.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I put on a winch bumper, winch, front skid plate, and PureJeep hooks. I really like the setup, but regret that it added so much weight to the front. About the only thing I can do to reverse the weight problem is change to synthetic line and an alloy fairlead. Hey, at least I know what my next mod will be.

But here is the real deal: Wish I hadn't been such wuz, thinking I needed so much comfort and newness. For less money could have had a tricked out YJ or some such with barely any electronics to go bad, that great old inline 6, and no factory warranty to worry about loosing if I use my Jeep like a Jeep.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a/ts and 2500 miles later bought m/ts. i went with a front stubby bumper and kinda wish I had a full or mid length. Ironically enough, I decided on 2.5" lift with 33s and 4.10s and I'm perfectly happy with not being bigger.. I guess the get bigger bug skipped me.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

PSC rock brawler. It was actually one of the slimmest rear bumpers I could find, but It still wasn't right for me and how I use my jeep. I now just have bare frame rails, but they too are starting to get mangled from banging them on stuff.

I think for my wheeling the best solution it to stretch the jeep out so I have a 90* departure angle.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

To the guys that had the 2.5 BB when u lifted it higher to say a 4" did you have to mess with the driveshafts? And do you have a 2 or 4 door.
Thanks
I'm looking to go higher
Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

CAI probably the least effective mod for the money and the smittybilt tailgate cargo carrier but only because I don't find ways to use it enough.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf

To be fair, these are for doors OFF driving. Everyone already knows about the passenger side issue, so a quick search is all you would have needed before purchase. And then, you could go to the mfg's website, which has this note right in the instructions for them:

Quadratec has a link to the same information on their website.
4WheelParts has a link to the same information on their website.

Not saying that it isn't an annoyance, just that it is a known issue that everyone can easily find out about before purchase...
Well, it is still an issue even with the doors off. They suck. I'm sure you have bought something only to discover that you didn't research them enough before buying. Plus, you never know just how stupid you are until you try it yourself. I know I found out how big of a dumb-ass I am now!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler

You need to get to Dallas, son! We got drinking to do!
Soon! Very SOON!!!!

Quick Reply: Modifications that you wish You did NOT do.