Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Which model do I need?

Old 11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had a H2 or H3 I would be like and then I would roll it off a cliff and .
Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyrayb
H2

Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X model should be just fine for what you are looking at. If you get the 6speed and 3:73 (Tow Package) gearing....33's will not be an issue. You don't lose much power with a wider 33 over stock 32's. The savings you make on the X over a Sahara or Rubicon....you can add some nice mods to make it a good hunting rig!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
X model should be just fine for what you are looking at. If you get the 6speed and 3:73 (Tow Package) gearing....33's will not be an issue. You don't lose much power with a wider 33 over stock 32's. The savings you make on the X over a Sahara or Rubicon....you can add some nice mods to make it a good hunting rig!!!
X2. iF YOU GET AN X WITH A SIX SPEED, GET THE TOWING PACKAGE FOR THE 3.73 GEARS, AND DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK LIKE I JUST DID.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

i went with the X because it was cheaper....and i can upgrade as needed...you can make a rubicon out of all the parts rubicon owners just junk anyways
Old 11-21-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Junkie

I started out with similar view, nothing hardcore a few trails, haul some gear, etc.

Then before getting it, this was my list:
maybe a 2.5" lift,
32" AT's are fine,
a few interior mods like grab handles and paint the bezels
a couple lights

Now after having it a year, see my signature, that's what I have, my wish list consists of:
4" TF lift
Winch
35" MT's
New front bumper
rear camera
Jerry can holders
bar doors
skid plates
Roll bar netting
4.10's

Not that everyone gets it bad, but I found that doing the occasional off road trail, I needed a little more as I was beating up the underside a ton. I also found that I wanted to go on longer trips, so storage became important.

I'm telling you this as it's easy to say your not going to need it built up a ton before you get it, but once youhave it and use it, you may find you self with that itch.

An X will probably be fine, but at the very least make sure you have the 3.73 gears as those will be fine for 33's, plus with the X, you'll save some money for all the extras you'll be getting.

Quick Reply: Which model do I need?