Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mirrors for door-less driving

Old 07-08-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm using my old mirrors off my Buell. Screw them into one of the bolt locations for the windshield. I drilled and tapped the sheetmetal. So far it's holding up, but i'll eventually have to find somewhere else to mount them.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question? Was at the motorcycle store yesterday looking at mirrors to place in the hinge hole after taking doors off. Is there a certain size stud to look for or are they all the same size. Keep seeing people using Harley mirrors wasn't sure if the threaded stud was thicker or thinner the others.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by icerk
Question? Was at the motorcycle store yesterday looking at mirrors to place in the hinge hole after taking doors off. Is there a certain size stud to look for or are they all the same size. Keep seeing people using Harley mirrors wasn't sure if the threaded stud was thicker or thinner the others.
Make sure you get mirrors for a Harley. They all use the same studs. Perfect size and length for door hinges. Some of the foreign bikes use a thread in stud.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks.....

Quick Reply: Mirrors for door-less driving