Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mirror relocation brackets

Old 04-13-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror relocation brackets

I was just wondering what you guys thought of them? do a lot of you use them? and once you put them on do you ever go back to the door mounted mirror or do you just leave the mirrors on the relocation bracket permanently? thanks for the input!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

I have the RR branded parts. They are the same as the OEM relocation pieces BTW. Other than being a real beehotch to get out, I think they are fine. You do lose a decent amount of visibility in the passenger side. I will probably pick up a pair of mirrors for my factory brackets and in the fall when I go back to hard top, also put the factory brackets and mirrors back on. I say I will buy the mirrors as they corrode so much, I do not think they will take much more of a seasonal pounding to move brackets! I think they are great with the doors off and that is all that matters!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

i havent ordered mine yet. i probably will after i install my new lift that should be coming in the mail pretty soon. i love having the doors off and wana keep them off this summer for as much as i can. i like the Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets in Black. There pretty simple to install from what i hear, just a pain in the ass to take off the original, and it comes with a cap to cover the spot where the mirrors were originally mounted.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm
Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the brackets with the door off, the doors just block too much of the view when they are back on. I have 1/2 doors and could only open them about 1/2 way when the uppers were on.
I sold them to a buddy and got the AO mirrors. I would love some brackets that would address this issue so I just leave the mirror permantantlyy re-mounted
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RR mirror brackets as well...

I just use the drivers side, and left the passenger side on the door. in Quebec I just need two mirrors (center and one side) to be legal.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got these: http://www.dietechoffroad.com/produc...rorbracket.htm

I was concerned about how I would like them for the money, but they are WELL built and really easy to deal with. My only concern is someone swiping them.

It takes a bit of time to move the mirrors from the door to these brackets, but they place the mirror in the exact same spot as they would on the door, so there is no need to readjust the mirror. Kudos to Dietech for a great product!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vandi
...It takes a bit of time to move the mirrors from the door to these brackets, but they place the mirror in the exact same spot as they would on the door, so there is no need to readjust the mirror. Kudos to Dietech for a great product!
Thanks Vandi. I'm glad you're enjoying them. After a few times you'll have it down and won't even think about it.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atticka
I have the RR mirror brackets as well...

I just use the drivers side, and left the passenger side on the door. in Quebec I just need two mirrors (center and one side) to be legal.
Same as in Jersey. The RR passenger side is mostly blocked by the door if you move it so I only did the driver side.

Quick Reply: Mirror relocation brackets