Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mirror Relocation - anyone have these?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Relocation - anyone have these?

I am looking for suggestions on the best mirror solution for driving with the doors off. I only want the drivers side. I want something that I don't have to take off when I put the doors back on. No mirror vibration would be great.

Any one have this one? Exterior Mirror/Hinge Mount by Mopar
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15915

It says it does not interfere with the production mirror but I don't see how it wouldn't.

Any one have any pictures or thoughts on this?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Looks like it is only for the drivers side. I didn't see one for the passenger side.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the Rugged Ridge ones... they come with a plug to cover the hole on the door, they mount on the windshield brackets very well, no vibration at all. They use your stock mirrors. The doors don't touch them when you put them back on, the strap is just long enough to keep them from hitting each other.

I can take pics of the relocation bracket and the doors with the plugs later today.

However, I would highly recommend you keep a mirror on the passenger side, I drove for a day without it and I could not believe how many cars were in my blind spot, even when I looked over my shoulder. But that's just me.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rugged Ridge x2. I got em from someone here on the forum. The only downside is the passenger mirror is somewhat obscured, but that will be the case with most relocation kits.

$50 and less than a half hour to install. They don't look too bad either, and they are very durable.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Default Picture located

I observed this item on the Mopar web site, mounted on a JK with an off road light attached. Haven't seen them in person though.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

i have that mopar one for the drivers side, it's the only one i use (don't have one for passenger side). I love it. Costs more than some other solutions, but it works well for me.

It works wonderfully, it rotates back out of the way and i leave it on the jeep all the time even when i put the doors back on. It's not a relocation bracket, it's a whole different mirror.

Take doors off, rotate it (clicks) into position. Put doors back on, rotate it back out of the way.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

oh, and i also have KC slims on windshield mounts and doesn't interfere with those either.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't see a relocation bracket. That looks like a TJ mirror mount.

Also it says it mounts to the lower windshield hinge. The hinge is in the center of the windshield.

How would it not interfere with the production mirror? You would obviously remove the mirror from the stock location and if you did not they would hit when you open the door unless you rotate it forward and that would be pretty ugly.

I'm guessing this is a TJ mirror mounted to the winshield frame using a bracket but they are not showing the bracket... does it come with the mirror or is it just the bracket?

EDIT: Looks like it comes with the mirror and the bracket.

Last edited by davidwm71; 06-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Ok, sorry cell phone pics, and my doors are off, but here are pics of mine.

1st 2 with mirror in Usable position, 2nd 2 in position for when door and original mirror still on door in place.

Absolutely no rubbing or interference with the door, light, or original mirror. Very little to no vibration.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Got the relocation kit for about 50. Been happy with that so far.

Quick Reply: Mirror Relocation - anyone have these?