Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

minivans suck

Old 09-14-2012, 11:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rebar81
My jku ain't got no minivan engine. Pentastar baby!
My minivan has a Pentastar, I think the minivans got them first.

There are lots of idiot drivers driving all different kinds of cars.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My peeve isn't with minivans, it's with any car in general that is in the left lane driving 5 miles below the speed limit, and won't take the hint to get out of my way when I "politely" flash them...
Old 09-15-2012, 03:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carolinajk
i will add that most minivans are probably piloted by stressed out , gotta drop kids at school and get to work in less than ten minutes and then go home and cook for jeep-car-truck-sex obsessed husband who never helps with a damn thang mom types , so its possible they drive erratically . maybe they should put sirens and pink flashing lights on these,and stock the glovebox with oxycontin. just a thought
That's probably my biggest concern. Half the time I see these minivans ripping about carelessly in traffic, there is a load of helpless children in the back!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Minivans are not the problem, crappy drivers are.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
Minivans are not the problem, crappy drivers are.
Well, I don't think anyone is suggesting they're out driving themselves around. Now that would be a problem!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally find that any vehicle that has that goofy yellow diamond in the back window that says "caution: baby on board" is typically piloted by someone that has no business behind the wheel. Interesting side note, they also tend to be the same people that put signs in the middle of the street in front of they're house that say "caution: children at play" and then go inside. If you don't want your kids to get hit by a car then don't let them play in the street or be a parent and actually keep an eye on your kid! Signs are not a release of liability when something happens to your child. Ok rant over.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rebar81
Is it just me or is everyone that drives a minivan a fucking idiot? Just asking because I had four of them in my way and they just don't know how to drive
I take offense to this. We have a minivan. 0-60 in 8 seconds and I've had it to 115.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arjeeper
My wife and I have noticed the same thing: crazy minivan drivers. We cringe when we see one approach because nine times out of ten they're driving like a total maniac. I have no idea why!
Reproduce and you'll understand. A vehicle full of screaming kids will do that to anyone.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ranjr
Reproduce and you'll understand. A vehicle full of screaming kids will do that to anyone.
Wouldn't they want to actually keep their kids alive?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've definately noticed the majority of minivan drivers are a hazard on the road. I think it's because the genre of drivers are typically carrying a load of kids, old folks, etc, causes them to be pre-occupied behind the wheel.

Quick Reply: minivans suck