Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

metric vs imperial?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derff96963
I would definitely get both standard and Metric. The main reason is to ensure you get the tightest fit possible to limit rounding off the tight bolts.
X2
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevedolce
i'm trying to organize some of my tools..

does the jeep use any imperial size parts? or is it all metric?

thanks
Steve
i would organize some of SAE(society of automotive engineers)tools too...
Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"Imperial" is indeed one correct term for "inch" sizes. There are many different terms people use. Since no one seems to have answered yet I will give you mine. So far the only fasteners I have encountered on the JK that are NOT metric are the wheel studs and lug nuts. They are 1/2" fine thread. I believe all the rest are probably metric.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
"Imperial" is indeed one correct term for "inch" sizes. There are many different terms people use. Since no one seems to have answered yet I will give you mine. So far the only fasteners I have encountered on the JK that are NOT metric are the wheel studs and lug nuts. They are 1/2" fine thread. I believe all the rest are probably metric.
Probably, but when you buy aftermarket lifts and other mods, you need imperial anyway. Having both is a very good investment

Last edited by Yoda; 09-12-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: metric vs imperial?