Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MBRP - excitement

Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Ab1
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP - excitement

Just clicked "place order" for my MBRP cat back!! That's it. Just excited. Now I wait.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had mine on since the beginning of May and I am really glad I bought mine. Did you get the off road version? Bare steel, black powder coat, or stainless? I have the powder coat and mine slipped off a hanger and was bouncing against my axle, chipped off a circle about the size of a half dollar. Better spray it with some high heat paint before winter hits and they throw salt everywhere

I had to be pretty creative in pulling off the stock exhaust. I hit all the nuts and hangers with wd40 and let it sit for about a half hour. Then crawled under my Jeep on my back and used my feet to push while using my hands to pry the hanger from the rubber bracket. It was quite a workout and didn't realize I could still stretch and contort my body in such awkward ways anymore. Installing the actual exhaust is cake.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, thats on my wish list,
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered mine this morning. I cant wait to put it on. Hope I like the sound.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Ab1
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cameron1022
I have had mine on since the beginning of May and I am really glad I bought mine. Did you get the off road version? Bare steel, black powder coat, or stainless? I have the powder coat and mine slipped off a hanger and was bouncing against my axle, chipped off a circle about the size of a half dollar. Better spray it with some high heat paint before winter hits and they throw salt everywhere
got the XP stainless, not the "off road" but my understanding is that it is still smaller than the factory one. Southern California winters are some of the most brutal conditions ever (insert sarcastic undertone) so salt on the roads may not help the mid to upper 50's that plague the area during worst of the winter.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Ab1
... Southern California winters are some of the most brutal conditions ever (insert sarcastic undertone) so salt on the roads may not help the mid to upper 50's that plague the area during worst of the winter.
San Diegans can't drive in the snow and ice, anyway ...

We pulled out two vehicles during our short drive in the Laguna Mtns.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
San Diegans can't drive in the snow and ice, anyway ...

We pulled out two vehicles during our short drive in the Laguna Mtns.
Yep you are correct I am born and raised in S.D. and we have some of the worst drivers ever. Whenever there is a little rain or "bad" weather (no such thing in reality in socal) people here drive like they are in a blizzard..which causes more accidents or worse....

Quick Reply: MBRP - excitement