Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Manual VS Auto - The Official 6 Speed Pride thread!

Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeit_97
You have bad sentence structure and no punctuation, you must drive an automatic.

Edit: Your grammar sux too...
First thing I did was check Plukes profile and yep auto he drives
6 speed pride here
and yep sport bike rider here as well as my wife(who drives the jeep as much as i do)
were the kind of people who take the stairs instead of the elevator
love the outdoors,camping,hiking,canoeing,mountain biking
now don't get all in a huff auto driver's,most of you probably enjoy the same things
just a little ribbing, so please no negative,bashing remarks,it's all in fun
in the end we all love our Jeeps
Old 03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6-speed JKU. Because automatic jeeps are just plain wrong! Would you buy an automatic Lamborghini!!!!! NOPE.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

6 speed all the way , it should be the only thing offered in a jk , its a jeep!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These pointless threads seem to pop up over and over again. Seems there is no point other than to start a shit fight. I would probably give them more credit if they weren't all started by kids and Canadians
Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dodgeit_97
There you have it guys... Dogs against the Cats, Manual VS Auto...

Let's hear what you've got and why. Get detailed with it too.. maybe lend a story or something.

Dodgeit_97 = MANUAL JK! I can safely drive my jeep in rush-hour traffic, eat a $5 footlong, and talk on the phone/CB all at the same time. I love the factory gearing in the 6 speed tranny.

Why = Because Automatics are for girls.. and people with knee problems..

Seriously though, I have a theory that you can kind of tell after talking with someone or observing their mannerisms whether they are a "manual" or "auto" person. Therefore I think it's also a deep, underlying personality trait.

6 speed drivers are more than likely going to be your motorcycle riders, drummers, ambidextrous, jack of all trades type people.

My first truck was an auto... hated it.. have had nothing but manuals ever since.

So what's your preference?

6 SPEED PRIDE!
Jeep makes an automatic Wrangler? That must have been on the ladies side of the dealership. I would never consider owning a fine sports car or a Jeep that was an automatic.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheQuiet1
These pointless threads seem to pop up over and over again. Seems there is no point other than to start a shit fight. I would probably give them more credit if they weren't all started by kids and Canadians
Then don't respond! Continue to be "The quiet 1" yawn.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Proud 6 speed driver here. I could care less what transmission other Jeep owners have, but there's no chance I'd personally own a JK with an automatic. With the 6 speed and 4.10 gears, the 3.8 seems adequate to me.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Proud 6-speed driver here...I really like the control of shifting when I want to, not the jeep! Remote start might be the only down side...
Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

I had a 01 yellow wrangler(automatic) because I got one hell of a deal on it, owned it for about a year in a half. But I hated that it was auto!!! It still was a JEEP! This past Nov bought my new to me 08 wrangler which is 6spd!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Torrin
Jeep makes an automatic Wrangler? That must have been on the ladies side of the dealership. I would never consider owning a fine sports car or a Jeep that was an automatic.
It comes standard when you order 2WD

Quick Reply: Manual VS Auto - The Official 6 Speed Pride thread!