Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Manual Transmission Question

Old 12-18-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

The OP and a lot of posts in this thread deal with stick movement as the Jeep moves over the road/bumps.

Others seem to be talking about "play" in the stick, which to me means the stick has some slop in it when you wiggle it with your hand.

Just bringing this up because it sounds like maybe two different things are being addressed.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The OP and a lot of posts in this thread deal with stick movement as the Jeep moves over the road/bumps.

Others seem to be talking about "play" in the stick, which to me means the stick has some slop in it when you wiggle it with your hand.

Just bringing this up because it sounds like maybe two different things are being addressed.
Thanks for clarifying...I was asking about the stick moving as the JK goes over uneven pavement and not "play".
Old 12-19-2009, 06:21 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never noticed any movement from normal driving, but when I do hit bumps and rougher terrain the shifter moves side to side a lot just from being directly mounted to the transmisison.

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission Question